1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX3300 Display Frozen

Discussion in 'LG' started by ppek, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ppek

ppek New Member

Hello,
    I have a LG VX3300 that I'm having problems with. When you turn the phone on, the Verizon splash screen appears, but it just stays frozen on this. Also, the service light stays at solid red. The only way to turn it off, is to take out the battery.

Does anyone have thoughts on what may be wrong, or how to fix?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

› See More: LG VX3300 Display Frozen
  2. teamneon

teamneon www.BigWireless.us

3. ppek

ppek New Member

I'm not aware of it getting wet, but it is my mother-in-laws phone. I will grill her a little more. Is this a common thing when it gets wet? I don't see any signs of it being wet.

Thanks,

Paul

4. teamneon

look under the battery for pink dots....
    there should be a white dot on the back of the phone under the battery, and then also one on the end of the battery...if either is pink it got wet.
    Just a suggestion
    if its not water damaged i would try to take it to a corporate verizon store and let a technician look at it.

5. ppek

ppek New Member

Wow, impressive info. I checked and there is a circle on the phone and a little rectangle on the battery. Both have a white background with pink dots. From what you said, that means it got wet, correct?

I guess the lesson is, never trust what your mother-in-law says!

I'm assuming that would not be covered under warranty.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

6. abw1987

abw1987 New Member

Yes that means it got wet!

She may not have dropped it in the toilet or anything, but even having it in the bathroom while she is showering could have led to steam causing water damage.

7. ppek

ppek New Member

Well, my wife took the phone in to a Verizon store, and they covered it under warranty. Either they didn't check for those pink dots, or didn't care. It sounded like the frozen display is a pretty common things with these cheapo phones.

Thanks for eveyrone's help.

Paul

8. teamneon

wow...good deal...thats the first thing they look at at our corporate store so you did good. glad all came out well.

9. ppek

ppek New Member

Another interesting thing. The brand new phone we got has the little white circle with the pink dots. The battery has a little white rectangle with pink criss-crosses. Maybe that isnt a tell-tale sign of it getting wet?

Thanks, Paul

10. spum

spum Random News Bot

You misunderstood where he was going with the sticker. The white background/pink dots is supposed to be there. If the phone gets wet, the dots bleed out and turn the sticker pink or red...no white or dots anywhere. So yes...the new phone should have the dots on it.

11. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

If it has a white background with the dots or small cross's, that means that the phone is fine and has not gotten wet.

When the small circle has a solid color of red and the red dots or small cross's are no longer visable, that means the phone or at least the battery has gotten wet at one time or another.

What was wrong with your mother-in-law's phone was not a problem with water.

That is probably why they replaced the phone....they most likely checked for water damage right away and found that wasn't the problem.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?