1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX4400 shows charging though not connected to charger

Discussion in 'LG' started by Deadbird, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Deadbird

Deadbird New Member

This is an interesting problem so please read the whole thing!

I just upgraded from my LG VX4400 which "was" working perfectly fine with the plan being to give it to my father. Later in the day after leaving the store, I noticed that the phone display showed that it was charging ... BUT IT WASN'T CONNECTED TO A CHARGER!!!

Here are the steps I took in an attempt to eliminate the false charge screen:

1) The phone was actually "off" but it displayed the charging screen as if it were in the cradle. I pressed the PWR button to turn it on, which it did; however the battery symbol still showed that it was being charged.

2) I then pressed the PWR button to turn the phone off, which it did; however, as soon as it was off, the screen turned back on as though it were charging.

3) Next I disconnected the battery for a while and then reconnected it ... You guessed it ... back to the charging screen.

4) Then I docked the phone to the charger. It eventually indicated that it was fully charged, so I removed it from the charger, but the screen stayed on as though still on the charger.

5) I let the battery fully discharge while in the charging screen, which it did within a few hours. The previous charge on the battery lasted me ~5days including a few hours of talk time.

6) Next, I disconnected the battery from the phone and charged it on the dock without the phone attached. Reconnected it to the phone and back to the charging screen.

7) Out of frustration (and frugality) I borrowed my friends VX4400 which he no longer uses. I swapped batteries and the the problem followed the battery, meaning my friends phone now exhibited the false charging mode and mine with his battery did not.

I know that batteries are not that expensive on ebay, but if the problem is fixable I'd rather put the money in my gas tank.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated. I am an EE so I am not afraid to tackle a high tech solution if anyone has one.

› See More: LG VX4400 shows charging though not connected to charger
  2. Deadbird

Deadbird New Member

Thanks for all the replies ... NOT!!!!

Anywho, the problem was fixed by cleaning the contacts on the phone and battery.

1 person likes this.
  3. BlkBear

BlkBear Never in the Woods!

Guess no one had an answer for you, meaning the smart people that didn't have an answer were smart enough NOT to answer, in hopes that someone that could answer would do so.

And Poof you answered the question for others to add that bit of info for the next person that asks. :D

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?