1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX5200 Incoming Call Restriction?

Discussion in 'LG' started by abob17, Jul 9, 2006.

1. abob17

abob17 New Member

When I look under Tools and Sounds, there are settings for Call Ringtones with options for Caller ID, No Caller ID, Restrict Calls and All Calls.

How do you put a number on restrict?

I got someone else's old number and they don't seem to understand that I'm not "Steve". I want to block them from calling or at the very least not have them ring and go straight to VM.

Thanks.

› See More: LG VX5200 Incoming Call Restriction?
  2. travelplus

travelplus New Member

Too bad Verizon and other carriers don't have a"Reject List" in the phonebook so you can add it to the Reject List and a message will say"The party you are calling does not accept calls from this phone number please remove the phone number from your contacts". Then they won't even leave you a VM.

3. abob17

abob17 New Member

Well my old Nokia had a "Restricted Calls" setting where you could add 20 numbers. Anyone who called that was on that list just got dead air after one ring - no missed call, no VM, nothing.

With the LG, there must be some reason why there is a "restricted" option for the ring tones, but I can't seem to find anything about it. The manual mentions this as an option but says nothing more.

4. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Those settings are there for assigning ringtones to those 4 types of calls that come in, not for assigning to individual caller's.

You could always save the number, and then assign a no ring to that number, or put something nasty down as the saved named, so when they do call you can know who it is.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?