1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX5400 "downloading" screen

Discussion in 'LG' started by simon4991, Mar 6, 2009.

1. simon4991

simon4991 New Member

My phone fell in water a week ago. I took the battery out and dried everything I could, then put it back together, and it has worked fine for the last week. Then today, it's been acting weird. It seemed like it was water damage, I would press a button, and it would respond as if I'd pressed a different button. It turned off, and when I turned it back on, it just says "downloading...". I have hooked it up to the charger, which doesn't help. I can't turn it off without taking the battery out, and I can't put it back in without the phone turning on and going to that downloading screen again.

Is this the result of water damage from a week ago? What should I do?

› See More: LG VX5400 "downloading" screen
  2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

The best suggestion is just to contact the carrier and see what can be done as far as getting you a new device.

The 5400 has been around a while, and considering you've probably been a Verizon customer for a while as well...that will play a good role in getting another device (for free or cheap).

Phones, after being water damaged, are useless...rarely do you see a success story. I would say that the cause of the problems is from water damage.

Verizon Wireless: 1-800-922-0204

3. cellularman

cellularman New Member

I have had a few customers bring their lg vx5400 phone into my store with the downloading screen on and thats all it will do. What worked for me was taking the battery out of the phone and then putting it back in. Then, instead of just turning the phone on by holding down the red end key, hold both the red end key and the green send key at the same time and it should power up all the way. Hope this helps!!

1 person likes this.
  4. ajc131

ajc131 New Member

Re: LG VX-5400 "downloading" screen

Cellularman, you rock. This totally worked for our phone and got us going again. Thanks for sharing your info!

5. jamest88

jamest88 New Member

my phones call button worked before the downloading screen appeared, but when i try holding down both the green and red keys it does not fully power on. how can i fix this?

6. DropInCoffee

DropInCoffee New Member

You saved me!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?