1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

lg vx6000 ringtones from mp3

Discussion in 'LG' started by Tinylaxer, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Tinylaxer

Tinylaxer New Member

I have the LG6000 and have a cable, but don't understand how to get mp3 onto the phone from the computer. Do I need a certain program or something? And where can I get this, is it available to download off the internet or can it be emailed?? Thanks...

› See More: lg vx6000 ringtones from mp3
  2. skapernicus

skapernicus New Member

you have to download bitpim 0.74 and install drivers for your link first....then download sonicfoundry and crop it to under 40sec. save(render as) it as an mp3 16bit mono and open bitpim. click on the ringtones tab and and right click on the empty space...click add and find the file you created...then press data at the top and send information to phone.....im me on aim if u got any questions

3. Tinylaxer

Tinylaxer New Member

hi tried to IM but it didn't work, unless i have the wrong sn. i think i accidentally installed the driver AFTER i plugged in the cord for the first time...how can i fix that? and can i uninstall to do so?

4. manny10x

manny10x New Member

has tried anyone tried the sony music box on get it now? cause i want to get some actual song by actual i mean with lyrics. cause i have xringer but there just the beat. and i was wondering if sony box had singtones? let me know

5. hPn0TiQ510

hPn0TiQ510 New Member

yes--sony music box does have music tones (w/ words) but they cost two credits(2 uses).

6. hPn0TiQ510

hPn0TiQ510 New Member

Re: USB Cable

i get perfectly clear mp3's on my phone and all i paid was $22.25. i went to radioshack--got the datacable for tha vx6000--and downloaded the drivers and bitpim(both free) and i was good.

7. benwall

benwall New Member

Just wanted to say that I too can play mp3 ringtones on my VX6000. I run linux and I have the USB charging data cable from futuredial. I use bitpim to push the mp3's across to the phone. I do rename my files from song.mp3 to song.mid in order for bitpim to recognize them and send them. It also takes a long time to send a large song so you are going to want to chop your songs into a small snippet.

1) Get vx6000
    2) Get data cable
    3) download install configure bitpim
    - In linux this requires the "acm" kernel driver.
    4) create small mp3 that you want for ringtone.
    5) rename it from song.mp3 to song.mid and then
    use bitpim to send.

8. abbean3

abbean3 New Member

bitpim 0.74

hi i just bought the data cable from radioshack for the vx6000, and the hardware for it. I installed the wire and am now stuck not knowing what to do. i want mp3 ringtones on my phone. i read a post above that said i need to use bitpim 0.74, where do you get bitpim 0.74 from?? if anyone that knows where to get bitpim from if you can instant message me at dj68090 or email me at dj68090@aol.com THANKS A LOT please reply to me

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  9. Midnightfox2

Midnightfox2 New Member

10. dizzle14

dizzle14 New Member

bitpim .74

I can only find bitpim 0.7.18 on sourceforge and it cant detect which com port my usb data cable is connected to. Do I need an additional driver or software from LG?

11. aXiS

aXiS New Member

12. DAMNGREASER

DAMNGREASER New Member

can someone tell me how to shorten mp3's?? like that other guy said i wanna shorten mp3's down to 40seconds so that i can convert it to a ringtone thanks

13. PlainShane

PlainShane New Member

Cool Edit Pro 2.0
    You want it at 40kbps bitrate, MONO signal

I should write down a big ol howto with downloads to these files and tools.

14. rob15

rob15 New Member

I still am having a hard time, i got the software, but i can't seem to find the option to make it in MIDI format, any help would be great.....

15. PlainShane

PlainShane New Member

which software?

you don't need to convert it to .mp3 if you are using bitpim .62

16. rob15

rob15 New Member

i'm using bitpim .7 version.....

17. Tank_Man333

Tank_Man333 New Member

Frustration Abounds

I got the same cable as you and I downloaded the drivers and I'm getting bitpim 7.19 to work. I used Cool Edit Pro to crop my mp3 and saved it as a 16bit mono 22050Hz file. I've tried uploading it as both a mid and mp3 and neither of them work. Is there anything I'm doing differently than you?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  18. Djkai

Djkai New Member

Does anybody have a link to get cool edit pro because I cant find a free version besides the demo.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?