1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX6000 Went in the Pool with Me - HELP

Discussion in 'LG' started by le0331, Jul 1, 2004.

1. le0331

le0331 New Member

My LG VX6000 went in the pool with me, and was basically drenched. It has dried (it has been 3 days) but I can not dial because it says NO SERVICE. Everything else works like a charm though. Called *228 but it just beeps instead of calling. Verizon told me to take it to a Verizon store. Should I keep letting it dry or what? Did this happen to anyone else?

› See More: LG VX6000 Went in the Pool with Me - HELP
  2. nexthescreen

nexthescreen New Member

ur phone is screwed. if u have phone insurance then u should just take it to the verizon store and get a new phone. if u dont then u should still get a new phone. bad things happen

Attached Files:

3. accumulator

accumulator New Member

how to fix a wet phone

The only thing you may want to try before giving up on the phone is to replace the water with a more "friendly" substance. That is: go to a pharmacy and buy some 95% (or more) isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). DO NOT get the 70% stuff that is frequently all that you will see out on the shelf; if you can't find it, ask the pharmacist.

Having acquired the alcohol, douse the phone in it. Submerge it. (Note: don't do this if your phone isn't broken, ok? it shouldn't dissolve anything vital, but I wouldn't recommend it as a hobby). The idea is that you want the alcohol to: 1) displace any water left in there, and 2) dissolve or wash out any gunk that came in or built up since the phone was dunked.

After submersion, then dry the phone by placing it in a warm (not hot) well-ventilated environment. leave it at least overnight. Re-attach battery and fire it up. Good luck.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?