1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX6100 Problem ?

Discussion in 'LG' started by ladyinfinity, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ladyinfinity

ladyinfinity New Member

One of vx6100 seems to have some type of problem (my daughters)and i can use some help. A few months ago we used the data cable with bitpim to load a few ringtones on it, and that was pretty much all we did at the time, now i wanted to use the data cable again, and it wont work, cant get phone to be recognized nor will computer recognize it and if it does it does give a USB error or corrput message.(the other phone is (which is mine)recognized fine) i noticed i cannot delete the ringtones even thru the handset NOR will the ringtones play. Also i looked on the bottom of her phone and it looks as if two pins are either missing or blackened? but other than that the phone looks fine and charges fine etc. And again MY 6100 works perfectly fine with the computer and bitpim. Also wanted to add when we did her phone with the bitpim it was a older version.

Can any of this be related why we cannot get bitpim to work?
    Why can I not delete nor will the ringtones play?
    Does the phone need new charging pins if this is the data cable problem? if so is it covered by warrenty, and if not is it expensive to get fixed?
    Is the phone corrupt? if so do i just walk into verizon and ask for it to be reflashed?

Or is this a combination of the broken pins and need to be reflashed also?

Any help or advise is much appreicated.

› See More: LG VX6100 Problem ?
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  2. Dallas37

Dallas37 New Member

I am assuming that the ringtones played before right. Did this all of a suddon happen as of latley. The reason i ask is because you said a few months ago and you havent done anything with the phone since then. If you can't delete your ringtones through you handset then there is a abvious problem. I would take it to Verizon and have them check it out. Check with a magnifying glass or something at the pins and make sure that they are the same as yours. If they are dirty or missing it will not work. How old is your phone. I doubt it would be covered under warrenty, but maybe. Do you have insurence on the phone at all. The version of bitpim should not matter at all. getting the phone flashed does not cost anything, but as far as repair goes I do not know. I will check on that for ya.

3. ladyinfinity

ladyinfinity New Member

thanks for the reply. the phone is 10 months old. Please let me know what you find out.. much appreciated.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?