1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX8100 how to get mp3's to play from a mini sd card?

Discussion in 'LG' started by compman55, Jan 10, 2009.

1. compman55

compman55 New Member

I put mp3's in the "my music" folder on a mini sd card, and when put back in the phone, it will not find or play them. I put the new sd card into the phone first so it could make the folders, then I put it in my laptop to copy the mp3s over.

Any ideas? It works this way on my other phones. Does the format need to be special?

› See More: LG VX8100 how to get mp3's to play from a mini sd card?
  2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

You need to do everything from Windows Media Player for this device. It may also not allow MP3s (I'm not sure). Sync all music using Windows Media Player 10 or later. It should convert the music to the proper form for you phone...the 8100. You also cannot sync it by placing the card in the adapter thingy and then placing it in the computer. Your card must be inserted in your phone and you must have a USB adapter to attach your phone with the computer. You can buy one from your wireless carrier.

3. compman55

compman55 New Member

That sux.

I wonder if they made it that way on purpose, and it took lots of *****ing for them to allow transfer thru a sd card on the newer phones.

Does the phone need to be activated for this to work? As of right now it is not in service with a wireless provider, however it was on verizon up until a few days ago.

4. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

It doesn't need to be active, but it does need to have the music essentials kit. It should also be very difficult to get it to work on a newer phone...if not impossible.

5. compman55

compman55 New Member

A lot of my mp3s are tagless and have no info on them. Is there a program I can assign names, artist, genre, etc...

They are mostly imported or ripped from my cd's and I never sync'd them with the internet for media player to tag them.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?