1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG vx8300 Bluetooth-to-PC problem... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'LG' started by Austinroepke, May 31, 2007.

1. Austinroepke

Austinroepke New Member

Hello all,

I just joined the forums, and I just got a vx8300 today! Well, I am trying to connect it via a USB bluetooth adapter, which I also just got. I have also gotten the 8300 to find my PC and paired it, but the phone only shows the Bluetooth enabled sign( a lone bluetooth logo), not a bluetooth connected sign ( bt logo w/ plug).

My PC also sees the phone, and connects to it. But after the initial connection, the 8300 cannot be found, except under 'My Bluetooth Places/Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood'(these are folders created when I installed the drivers, utilities and whatnot that came with the BT adapter). The functions listed of the phone under 'my bluetooth places/entire bluetooth neighborhood/ lg vx8300' as 'Bluetooth modem, 'BT DIAG,' 'OBEX Object Push,' and 'Voice Gateway.' BT DIAG and Voice Gateway seem to work fine with my PC. I didn't really know what Voice Gateway was until the speakers on my PC were playing the sounds of the buttons being pushed on the 8300!

The phone is also shown as being under COM4 port when it connects. But, no COM4 port is shown anywhere else. I believe that this port was created on my PC when I installed the software and drivers for my BT adapter as a Bluetooth port, as it isn't found anywhere in Windows. Bitpim doesn't locate the phone at all. But, it finds just the info on the phone when I set it up to manually find the 8300 under the COM4 port. (This is with BT DIAG enabled, and seems to be a one-way communication...?)

Sorry to sound like a complete n00b about this, but I am when it comes to bluetooth. I shoud've just gotten a data cable, lol.

› See More: LG vx8300 Bluetooth-to-PC problem... HELP!!!
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

hrm, what are you trying to do exactly? What software are you trying to run with it? it sounds like a connection is being made.

3. DM2

DM2 New Member

I’m having the same issue as well.

When I “Explored” my Bluetooth (BT) “Place” I was able to make 2 connections to my laptop. The first is titled “LG VX8300 BT DIAG” and is on COM 9. The second is titled “LB VX8300 Voice Gateway” but makes no reference to a COM port.

I’m running a Windows XP based operating system in my truck on a computer that has software which basically permits me to talk to my computer (via a Microphone) and here the voice information through the speakers in my truck.

I haven’t been able to make the connection between the software, through the PC, to the phone work 100%. I was able to get the software to connect using COM port 10, which is the Modem port, but not either of the two BT COM ports (5 and 9).

I found a document on the web by Googling “CDMA AT Command Sets”. Using HyperTerminal I was able to initiate a DATA connection (i.e. ATD<PhoneNumber>) but got a “NO CARRIER” message. When I tried to initiate a voice dial in HyperTerminal (i.e. AT<PhoneNumber>;) adding the “;” to the end of the phone number string, the phone still attempted to initiate a DATA connection, but it too failed giving me a “NO CARRIER” message.

I stopped by Version to day to purchase a modem cable thinking I’d test that out. I had heard through other that in order to get the software working I needed 2 BT connections to my phone, which I thought I had. Verizon advised that the BT standard on my phone was version 1 (not sure what that means at this time) but that the ability to use my PC to control my phone was locked by Verizon (go figure). This to me seems to violate the laws of Merchandise ability because they advertise that it’s BT compliant, but don’t tell you that communication to your PC is lockout by Verizon. The excuse was that there are viruses now entering phones and it’s for my safety. Mind you this was a conversation with an over the counter clerk. My next step is to contact Verizon Tech support (we’ll see where that gets me).

I’m interested to here any suggestions that would permit the PC to communicate to the phone, using what ever method is available.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?