1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX8360 and micro sd questions

Discussion in 'LG' started by cookie26872, Mar 13, 2009.

1. cookie26872

cookie26872 New Member

:confused: hello peoples i have a question and i hope that some one out there can help me out... ok my cell phone (LG VX8360) company recently has been bought out by verizon.. i picked out a phone and i recieved it the other day.. i was reading in the users manual that i can transfer music and such from my computer on to the micro sd card and have it on my phone... well the picures all work... but i have up loaded music and it does not read it on my phone i know its on there cause my media player will play it off the card.. and i looked on the card it shows it being there.. and the music is a wma file and it isnt protected.. so how do i get it to play on my phone......... with out connecting to Vcast and paying for what i already own.. thnks

› See More: LG VX8360 and micro sd questions
  2. CellPhoneTech

CellPhoneTech New Member

First of all, make sure the music is in your "My Music" folder on the card. Second, did you put the music on the card directly or did you you use a data cable? The data cable will put the music directly into your "My Music " folder on the card where if you insert the sd card into the card reader of your computer and sync it that way, it will always go to your "Music" folder. You then have to move them to the "My Music" folder. If you do it this way, the names of the songs don't always show up on your phone. They will always show up in your "My Music" folder and always show the music titles if you use the data cable.

1 person likes this.
  3. mrsoup

mrsoup New Member

So if I use the data cable to record, the music will automaticly be put on the SD card? I was under the impression that using the data cable would load information directly to the phone memory, not the removable memory.
    Since I already have music on my Micro SD in MP3 format, how do I move it to 'My Music' so that the phone will recognize and play it?
    Can you tell that I am confused??

4. CellPhoneTech

CellPhoneTech New Member

When using the data cable, it has always put the music directly on the card with song title and singer. To move your existing music to your "my music" folder, do this: Insert your sd card into your computer.
    Click on the folder where your music is located. Left click on the songs you want in your "my music" folder. On the left click on Move Files". Then click on "my music" under your sd card. They will end up there but they may not all be labeled. As long as you use your data cable from now on, the titles and singer info will always be there.

2 people like this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?