1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX8600 MP3 Player

Discussion in 'LG' started by tjmyer1, Apr 23, 2007.

1. tjmyer1

tjmyer1 New Member

I just got the new lg8600 and have not been able to sync music to the card. I run a sync, put the card in the phone, but it always says "no songs on card". I have checked to make sure all files are mp3, but it still will not work. Altell data tech is useless and so is the guy who sold it to me. I need some help. Also, I'm not really a techie, so break it down for me guys!

› See More: LG VX8600 MP3 Player
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. ta206

ta206 New Member

Re: LG AX8600 MP3 Player

This has been a slow process for me. Just learning this as well. Had to make sure the files were in "other sounds" or "music" files under LG Media. Still have a problem with some downloaded music not showing up on phone after seeing it on the computer as being on the disc. Even after renaming it isn't on the phone. The tracks I created off my CD's are solid. I guess I need to find a reliable music download site.
    I'm also interested in any info you get for your problem. It may help me with mine.

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

moved to htc

4. teamneon

teamneon www.BigWireless.us

why would this be moved to HTC?

5. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

ah oops.. this is a VX8600. I was thinking XV6700 for some reason. Changed thread name and moved to LG

6. teamneon

teamneon www.BigWireless.us

7. tjmyer1

tjmyer1 New Member

I have tried several things, but to no avail. I did make sure I formatted the card. I then made sure all of the files were mp3. I then ripped one file directly from a cd and synced it. Nothing works. The cell rep tried her card in my phone and it worked. I have been working on this for a week. Somebody Help!!!

8. tjmyer1

tjmyer1 New Member

I finally got this figured out. The prob was with my flash reader.....when I plugged it in, the window for the reader would not open and I was trying to sync through Media Player. I opened the reader window, and used MyMusic to drop and drag and now it works great. Now I would like to use a mp3 file as a ringtone and need some really easy instructions. Anyone feel like helping out the technology impaired?????

9. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

you cannot use an entire mp3 as a ringtone. you are going to have to get a ripper, rip the song down to like 20 seconds, keep it under 200 kb or so, and then get it to your phone (not the memory card).

There are many many threads that explain how to do that here....use our search engine to find one of the threads.

10. Warlock!

Warlock! New Member

I'm having the same problems... and I'm not quite sure what you did to get it to work. I used WMP to sync to my microSD card (thru a portable USB SD card reader). I got a big load of music on the card... about 75% of a 2GB card filled. I take the microSD card out of the reader and put it into the phone, and all I get is the error message, "No songs found in memory card". :banghead: I guess I don't quite understand (ok... I don't understand at all) what you did to get your phone to recognize the mp3s.

Anyone?!? :confused2

11. tjmyer1

tjmyer1 New Member

first you have to format the card. Then when you plug the adapter in to the usb drive, a window will open with a file that says "lg media". Open it and then open the music file. With this window open, open your music files and drag and drop them into the other window. Then put it back in your phone, and it should be there.

12. Warlock!

Warlock! New Member

Thanks for the reply. I just got the mp3 player figured out last night. I didn't have a window open up when I hooked the card reader back up to my computer after being formatted in the phone. I was just dumping songs onto the root of the microSD card and not getting it into the "Music" folder created by the phone formatting. For future reference to anyone who sees this thread, when you format the microSD card from the phone, it sets up a folder system on the card. Each of the folders on the formatted card correspond to a directory on the phone.

LG_MEDIA (Main folder on card)

Sub-folders on card........Directory listed on phone
    CAM_IMAGE..................Image > Camera Gallery
    other_image..................Image > Downloaded
    CAM_VIDEO..................Video > Video Gallery
    other_video..................Video > Downloaded
    VOICE_MEM..................Audio > Recorded Audio
    other_sounds................Audio > Downloaded
    Music..........................Music player folder

You can then drag and drop your MP3 files and AAC files only (Not enhanced AAC files) into the "Music" folder on the card. They can not be in a separate folder within the "Music" forlder or the phone will not see them.

You can then go into the phone by clicking Menu > My Media(7) > Music(5) then wade thru your songs by playlists, genres, albums, etc.

Hope this helps...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?