1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX8700 Bluetooth Problem

Discussion in 'LG' started by Michael - AZ, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Michael - AZ

Michael - AZ New Member

Hello everyone,

I have an LG VX8700 phone from Verizon (which I like a lot), and I have never had a connection problem with my Motorola H700 headset. I recently purchased a 2008 Toyota Sequoia (with Navigation-including bluetooth), and I have had connectivity issues. The bluetooth connection will be fine for a couple of days, and then my phone will not connect, for whatever reason. I usually will have to un-register the phone from the Nav unit on the car, and then re-register the phone as if it was brand new. In other cases, this will not work, and I have to turn off the bluetooth on the phone, and then reconnect. Toyota has looked into this, but has not come up with anything, as this seems to be something new to them. Toyota doesn't know if this phone just doesn't like the Toyota system, or if there is something wrong with the Nav system on the car.

Has anyone else had any similar issues? Don't know if I need to get a different phone.....or not.

Thanks for any help.

Hopeful in Tucson. :)

› See More: LG VX8700 Bluetooth Problem
  2. mplscox@comcas

mplscox@comcas New Member

I have the LG vx 8300 and am expericing the same problem. Does anyone have ideas?

3. Michael - AZ

Michael - AZ New Member

mplscox@comcas

Do you also have a Toyota? Sequoia or some other model? Year?

My Toyota dealer here in Tucson wants to get some feedback from me to see how things are working. When I went to pick up my car at the dealer this past Tuesday, it disconnected again before I even drove out of the dealer. I called the service guy over so he could see, and we went through the process again that I described in my original message. It happened again (yesterday), but this time it finally made connection after a few minutes.

If this issue just happens to LG phones, then I guess I'll be looking for a different brand. At least now I see that it's not only with the VX8700.

Thanks for the feedback. Hoping to hear from someone else to see how widespread this may be.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?