1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX9800 Help

Discussion in 'LG' started by kbomby2, May 19, 2006.

1. kbomby2

kbomby2 New Member

I just bought the VX9800 and i am very impressed with the features, and options. However, i want to know how to put mp3 files on it, and have no clue... what do i need to buy, and where would i get it, and how much will is cost approx. Thanks

Kyle

› See More: LG VX9800 Help
  2. Stinkpickle

Stinkpickle New Member

To use the phone as a mp3 player you need to purchase a MiniSD card. The 9800 will recongize any card up to the size of 1g. You will also need a MiniSD media slot to plug it into your PC, probably about $10.00USD.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  3. kbomby2

kbomby2 New Member

where could i get these?? could you send me a link where to get the MiniSD media slot. Thanks
    Kyle

4. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Just go to any electronic's store such as Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc, or you can even get the cards at Walmart.

If your computer doesn't have a card reader build into it, your going to have to buy one of these also. You can also get this in the above mentioned places.

Once you have both the Memory Card and the Card Reader, all you have to do is format the card in your phone, then take it out, put it into the card reader. Your computer should give the card reader a drive letter.

Go inside your computer and double click the drive letter the computer gave your reader. There should be like 4 folders in there. All you need to do is drag your mp3's from whatever folder you have them in on your Hard Drive to the folder labeled mp3 on your memory card.

Once that is done, remove the card from the reader, insert it into the phone and start enjoying the songs.

I would also suggest going into the eqqalizer and make sure it's set for 3D Surround....that seems to be the best settings for all around music.

To get to the equalizer click on:

Menu
    Get Tunes & Tones
    My MP3s
    options (soft button the right side)
    Equalizer
    Choose 3D Surround if it's not already checked.
    Then press OK

Man...I really should make a sticky on how to do this. It's pretty much the same for all newer phones that have memory cards.

5. kbomby2

kbomby2 New Member

6. kbomby2

kbomby2 New Member

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?