1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX9900 enV won't power up!

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by atbfan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. atbfan

atbfan New Member

Hi-

I just got a 1GB MicroSD card in the mail and decided to put it into my phone to format it. Unfortunately, i didnt realize that the lock code is the last 4 of my phone number, so when it prompted for a lock code, I canceled it. The card is detected by the phone, and shows ~950MB of free space.
    When I removed the card from my phone, it locked up the phone, and nothing that i pressed could remove the keyguard. I had to remove the battery to turn it off, and when I re-inserted the battery I have not been able to power up the phone since. I am very frustrated right now as I just got this phone less than a week ago.

I have tried powering up the phone with power cable attatched (no response) and with and without the microSD card in the slot. Nothing seems to work.

After putting the microSD card into its adapter and into my PC, i have figured out that the SD card is formatted with the my_pics and my_sounds, etc folders, but still the phone won't power up.

Is there any way to reset the phone? the user manual and online help has been worthless so far.

any help greatly appreciated!

› See More: LG VX9900 enV won't power up!
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

That's strange. Take it to verizon and see what they say.

3. atbfan

atbfan New Member

looks like I have to get a replacement. Hopefully they'll have them in stock.

edit-
    asked a friend who has cingular and apparently, doing what i did on a cingular phone can fry the sim card. so, even though I dont have a sim card, I must have fried something. I'll just tell the VZW person it stopped working...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  4. chamber88

chamber88 New Member

Freaking finally. Registering on this website just to help you out sucks.

Here is what you do... if you still have it.

Take the battery off the cell phone. Wait for a while( 8 seconds or more) hook it back on and power up. Maybe it worked. My sister's did the same thing and became a b@#$.

Thats all I did and it worked. It also worked on my cellphone when it wasn't working right. Verizon sucks!

5. atbfan

atbfan New Member

wow! never thought anyone would reply to a thread that I wrote nearly a year and a half ago! I believe I just brought it to the shop and they reset the firmware, and that must have worked. not sure if I tried taking off the battery, but either way, my phone was fixed and I've been satisfied for the past year and a half.

6. chamber88

chamber88 New Member

I can't believe you responded so quick. Tonight is really weird. Anyways. If any cellphone does something strange. Try rebooting it or taking the battery out and putting it back in. Stores will just want you to buy something from them. Forums actually help, cause we are all in the same side:evil:.

7. ClydeLovett

ClydeLovett New Member

I tried the removing the battery for several minutes and that did not work. I took out my extra memory card and it booted. I put back the memory while the phone was on and all seems fine.

(I see the last post here was 2008 LOL)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?