1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Vx9900 Has No Sound At All

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by TOYOTAMAN, Sep 26, 2007.

1. TOYOTAMAN

TOYOTAMAN New Member

Hello All, I Have A Vx9900 And It Has No Sound In The Ear Piece Or Speaker. I Do Not Have Headset To Check It. This Phone Was Purchased Used And It Has Not Been In Water The Dot Under Battery Is Still White.i Have Replaced The Battery With A New One Still No Sound At All. Is There Any Hope Without Verizon ? The Phone Seems To Do Everything Even Attemps To Dial However The Servive Is Not Connected So Not Sure If They Can Hear Me Or Not. When I Try To Play Music It Shows That It Is Playing Still No Sound The Speaker Master Volume Is Set To High And On. Any Help ?
    Thanks

› See More: LG Vx9900 Has No Sound At All
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

dumb questions, but is the volume up? If you haven't made a call on it, how do you know if the ear piece doesn't work? What happens when do you #832 and press send?

Please stop title casing every word. hah

3. TOYOTAMAN

TOYOTAMAN New Member

sorry about caps ....i keep them on, not sure why.... yes volume is up you can go into setting and set it to high also with the phone on when you call out normally you would get a error message i have held the volume up and still nothing. also with playing a music selection their is no sound at all? still lost thanks for your help.

4. PGM95Z

PGM95Z New Member

Have you checked ALL the volume settings in the Tools->Sound Settings menu? Also, have you tried holding down the speaker button on the bottom right of the keyboard?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  5. TOYOTAMAN

TOYOTAMAN New Member

yes i went into tools and turned all the volume controlls up. i went ahead and activated the phone and when you call out the other person can here you just fine. had my daughter run it to verizon they said it had water damage, i found that hard to beleive since the white dot behind the battery is still white....as far as i now the dot turns red when is is exposed to water. they offered to replace it for $50 ....may not be a bad deal....who nows? thanks for all of your help. JUNIOR

6. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Actually, that is exactly how they knew your phone had liquid damage. The indicators on all LG phones should actually be "checkered" or "dotted", not plain white.

It means your phone got so wet, that the surface of the dot was completely washed away!

7. TOYOTAMAN

TOYOTAMAN New Member

well thats why i am on here trying to get the facts and thats the not the answer i wanted however sounds very possible thanks for all the help paulcman.
    as always thanks to all that helped toyotaman.........

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?