1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG vx9900 mp3 volume

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Sex Instructor, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Sex Instructor

Sex Instructor New Member

Is it possible to uncap the volume on mp3's and wma's played on the EnV, and make them even a slight bit louder? I notice that the ringtones that I have had sent to my phone are extremely loud compared to the music saved to the memory card.

I was wondering if the problem was because I don't use a data cable and software to put music on my phone?

› See More: LG vx9900 mp3 volume
  2. birdguy888

birdguy888 New Member

Put the songs onto your computer in their own folder and convert them to .wav and use the windows sound recorder to play them and while playing use the effects>increase volume and then save it, convert back to MP3 and put back on your phone.

3. makowb

makowb New Member

this is exactly opposite of what the original poster wanted. is there a way to CAP the mp3 player volume? when i put my headphones in on the LOWEST possible setting, i still can't put the headphones in my ears without them instantly hurting. seriously, if i can cut the volume in half i'd greatly appreciate it.

4. Sex Instructor

Sex Instructor New Member

^^Actually I was looking for a way to make the "Player" itself play the songs "louder". birdguy888's method is good but it's a kinda lengthy process. I thought there was a way to make "one" adjustment and have all songs play louder.

Thank both of you for your input and time though.

5. makowb

makowb New Member

Lol, I know what you were looking for, I said Iwas looking for exactly the opposite of what you were looking for. And yeah, I know about changing the volume of songs...but I really don't want to do that just so I can listen to them on my phone.

I was wondering if there was a way that I could hack into the firmware or something like people do with the razr.

6. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

First off....no you did not say YOU were looking for anything.

That is not what Sex Instructor asked for.

Now, as has been posted, there is really only one way to enhance or reduce the volume of a song and that is to take it into some kind of editor and reduce or enhance the volume there. It may seem like a lot of work, and to some it is, but, this is basically what you are going to have to do. There is no one key and/or button that is going to magically do all you'd like.

There is no hack or firmware upgrade that will do what your looking for either...sorry.

Remember people, this is a phone with added features. If your looking for something to play music, get an mp3 player!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?