1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Listening to Music/Video sound over bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by Danmaan, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Danmaan

Danmaan New Member

Hello all,
    I just picked up a "Jabra" bluetooth headset in hopes that I'd kill two birds with one stone. I wanted the headset for obvious reasons such as talking while driving, but I also needed some headphones so I can listen to audio and watch movies without disturbing others.

I was hoping, and was also told by the Bestbuy sales rep, that any bluetooth headset would let me do both of these... It doesn't seem to be happening though. As soon as I play a movie the headset goes quiet.

Any thoughts? Or should I just return this trash and find something else (if so, any recommendations)?

Thanks,
    Dan

› See More: Listening to Music/Video sound over bluetooth headset
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

humm.. what format is in the movie in?

3. iden364

iden364 New Member

It all depends on the phone. most gsm phones support this (bluetooth stereo aka bluetooth 2.0)
    cheap sprint/nextel do not suport this for sure (maybe the new touch).
    I used to listen to music with most of my old cingular phones, but since i've joined nextel (none worked) then I added a sprint phone(none of them have worked) :(

4. Danmaan

Danmaan New Member

I've tried 3gp and mp4 with no luck. My music files are all mp3 and they don't play thru the bluetooth either..

Thanks for your thoughts!

EDIT: I just tried it with the videos I take with the built in camcorder - it doesn't play audio thru the bluetooth headset in this case either :( Bad headset? Or bogus feature of the phone??

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  5. Jwither

Jwither New Member

You were lied to. Get your money back, and look for dual headset/headphones.

6. Danmaan

Danmaan New Member

I love Bestbuy salesmen! GRRRR, thanks man. I'll get rid of this junk.

7. Phones4Bones

Phones4Bones New Member

yeah, mono speakers aren't supported in movie mode.
    you have to make sure they are stereo. ALSO make sure your sound is set to Stereo (or 2) on your converter/encoder or you'll be stuck using the phones speakers.

1 person likes this.
  8. Danmaan

Danmaan New Member

ahhhh, great advice! thanks man!

9. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

Yeah I tried using my Motorola Bluetooth stereo headset and the phone doesn'trecognize it.

10. Danmaan

Danmaan New Member

That stinks...

11. twohype

twohype New Member

I'm using a Jabra BT8010 bluetooth headset (which supports stereo bluetooth) on my Voyager and it works pretty good for me. I use it with mobile TV and music etc all the time.:)

12. kalis78

kalis78 New Member

To listen to music on the phone for a LG voyager through your bluetooth be sure that you convert music file to wpm format. Worked with my LG Chocolate and now my Samsung Alais U740. As far as watching music and having audio play through bluetooth still working on that.

13. Thedub88

Thedub88 New Member

you said head set not head phones
    i have motorola bluetooth headPHONES and it works great

and all my music is in mp3 - you don't have to convert it

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  14. ЛилиÑ￾

ЛилиÑ￾ New Member

[langtitle=ru]Re: Listening to Music/Video sound over bluetooth headset[/langtitle]

[lang=ru]Добрый день! Нужна консультация :)
    Подскажите, пожалуйста, у меня телефон Samsung S8000, Bluetooth гарнитура Samsung WEP350. Можно ли как-то настроить воспроизведение аудио-файлов в формате MP3 через гарнитуру? очень нужно!!! сколько не пыталась не получается :(
    Заранее спасибо за ответ!!![/lang]

15. ????? ????

????? ???? New Member

de echo me pasa lo mismo y es porque unos audífonos bluetooth son para manos libres y música .. pero por alguna extraña razón no puede oírse el sonido de los vídeos ... es decir solo para música y llamadas :/ ya que el sonido de los vídeos se cuenta como si fuera del teléfono es como querer escuchar el sonido de las teclas ... no se puede XD :rolleyes:... aprendí esto compre y compre audífonos bluetooth :Listo:

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?