1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to put up a antenna, or booster to help get signal...need help

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by deerslayer1985, Dec 1, 2012.

1. deerslayer1985

deerslayer1985 New Member

I have verizon has my service. I can walk around outside of my house, and get a bar or two here and there. Just enough to talk on, but inside my house I have to be standing in a certain spot, and cannot move to even get it to work. I was looking at getting an antenna, or booster to put on the roof, or something. Does anybody have any info about what I need to do, and get. I would really appreciate it. Give me links, and tell me what I need to be looking for. I only have a 200 to spend. Thanks for any and all help.

› See More: Looking to put up a antenna, or booster to help get signal...need help
  2. Lyanna

Lyanna New Member

I don't know how it is with Verizon, but Sprint offers their customers a free Airave (which us a booster/antenna that improves the signal) if they have problems with the coverage. So I'd think Verizon has something similar to offer.

You can try calling Verizon and talk to their Retention department, tell them about your coverage problems and that you consider cancelling unless something is done (even if you don't actually want to cancel). If they have the option of giving you a free/less expensive antenna, they should do it at that point. Again, this is how it is with Sprint, so I'm thinking it might be the same with Verizon.

In any case, if that doesn't work, you should be able to buy an antenna. I think the price is around $200-$300.

Good luck!

3. Remlod

Remlod New Member

Call Verizon and ask them about a "Range Extender". They will want to charge you $225.00 for the device which works with your Wi-Fi system in your house (assuming you have one). I went from having to hang off the rear deck to get a bar to 5 bars with full 3G within a 500' range of the device. It will allow up to 10 users at once.
    If you threaten to leave them to go to another provider that offers better coverage (assuming your plan is up for renewal) they will drop the cost by 50%.
    Works amazingly well for me but have heard it would not work for others. They will refund if it doesn't work for you.

4. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

5. scannermanner1

scannermanner1 Moderator Staff Member

Verizon has a (network extender) that connects to your internet through the router I believe and gives you 3G service

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

The extender is good for range, but what about speeds? Will it slow the "down" speeds?

7. Darth

Darth New Member

I had the same issue and got a booster for my handset. It was very useful and I started having no issues with my calls. However, I haven't retained where I got the booster from, I think it was from Fry's in my city. You can get it easily in an electronic store in your area.

8. Phoneman

Phoneman Member

A cellphone antenna or a booster will be good for those who stay in isolated areas. If you are away from the cellphone tower you will get poor signal. Check with your cellphone company about where the nearest tower is. If they say that it is far away from where you are then buy a booster. You will get a good booster from any electronics store.

dan23 likes this.
  9. cellphonesignalbooster

cellphonesignalbooster New Member

There are various types of cell phone signal booster now you can find in market or online stores. By the improvement of technology now you can have heavy signal by installing good quality signal booster antennas around your house.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

Don't those boosters cut you back to 3G? 3G isn't that bad, but it's not LTE.

11. dan23

dan23 New Member

I started using one for my 5000 sq ft ranch and it gives me LTE too. It's just that I need to make sure I place it facing the tower. You can see other products that are suitable for your house with LTE too. I bought it from Wilson Amplifiers

12. hottyjules

hottyjules New Member

Does the Verizon network extender need to be at? I got mine from a private seller and can't get it configured to actually work. Are there any fees involved?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?