1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Making payments on phones

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anita, May 13, 2014.

1. Anita

Anita New Member

Do you think Verizon will ever do like T-Mobile and let you make payments on the phones you buy? I had no idea that any of the big name cell phone companies were doing this until I went into a T-Mobile store to pick up a friend that works there.

› See More: Making payments on phones
  2. Hannah

Hannah New Member

I didn't know T-Mobile was doing this, either. I've never given a lot of stock to T-Mobile, though, because they don't have very good coverage in my area.

3. Elsie

Elsie New Member

I don't really foresee Verizon financing their phones. A lot of them are available for free with contract as it is, you know? I'm surprised T-Mobile does it, though, especially since they don't make you sign a contract anymore.

4. Baylyn

Baylyn New Member

I don't see this happening, and here's why: You only pay full price for a phone (i.e., you would only need financing) if you don't sign a contract, which they don't want you to do. They want you to sign that two year contract because it guarantees income for them for 24 months after you sign on the dotted line, so they're not going to do anything to encourage you NOT signing the contract.

5. Patrick72

Patrick72 New Member

Tmobile got jump too. Every 6 months you can turn your phone in and get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I didn't realize they did that now.

FYI, Verizon does do this now. It's called Verizon Edge

7. Sandii

Sandii Member

As jdeg said, Verizon has been allowing phones to be paid off over time for a while now. They just add it to the cost of your monthly bill. I buy my phone outright, but this is a good plan for someone who wants to just pay a few dollars a month extra.

8. supergarry32

supergarry32 New Member

i need help activating my Motorola w755 because i need internet service on it

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?