1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

"Message Sending Failed" when trying to text.

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Mingan, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Mingan

Mingan New Member

So I got up this morning, sent two text messages and when I tried to send a third, it took awhile and ended up telling me that "Message Sending Failed". Every message I have tried to send since then has ended this way. Anyone know what is wrong?

Provider: Verizon
    Phone: Motorola Razr V3M

› See More: "Message Sending Failed" when trying to text.

2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Are you trying to send in an area that doesn't have service? I've only gotten this when I have a poor signal.
  3. Mingan

Mingan New Member

Well its from my house (which sadly dosent get the strongest signal) and in the beginning I had one bar, but then I went upstairs and had about 3 bars and still could not get the message to send.

EDIT: hmm...just got a message to send with one bar...not sure what the problem was.

Hadnt deleted any of my inbox/sent messages since I got the phone (which was about 300-400 messages. So maybe it was full? I deleted some and now it works, so maybe it was that...*shrug*
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  4. jdeg

If the outbox was full it would tell you it was. humm..

still telling you it can't send?
  5. Brazil.pala

Brazil.pala New Member

hey guys i had da same problem but i found da solution just erase every msg and take da baterry off and put it back again it worked for me :laugh:
  6. saurav_nokia

saurav_nokia New Member

Hello guys... The same problem's here with me.. It's been 2 days and I can't send any messages.. I tried restoring factory settings and changing the msg centre no. but with no luck.. By the way, my PIN2 is blocked.. Does this have anything to do with SMS sending failure? Pls help
  7. jdeg

Is this with the RAZR-V3 on Verizon?
  8. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

You're most likely going to need to call your cell phone provider for assistance with that. From what I've heard, you might need a new SIM card, or need to enter a certain code that your cell phone provider should have.
  9. LauraLeeDickso

LauraLeeDickso New Member

My phone started doing the same thing to me this morning. I have a motorola razor v3 like you. I was able to send one message earlier, but now it wont let me. Keeps giving me the message Sending failure, either status 100 service not support and sending failure status 34 general problem.
  10. Reagan1

Reagan1 New Member

I used to work at a cell phone store and we would see this problem from time to time. Usually, when we would see it, it would be an issue on the carrier's end more so than with the phone itself. If you keep trying to send messages and can't, you might want to call your carrier.
  11. rupertsoriano

rupertsoriano New Member

Help... my AT&T phone won.t allow me to send texts. it tells me: message failed Do I need to manually reset my cell phone. If so, HOW?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?