1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Metro PCS to Verizon: Kyocera Strobe Help

Discussion in 'Other Phones' started by zipzapsracer, Sep 11, 2008.

1. zipzapsracer

zipzapsracer New Member

Hello. I have a question about the Kyocera Strobe. If I were to buy one that was branded to Metro PCS would there be any way to unlock it so tht I can use it on my plan that I am currently using through verizon and if there is a way can you please tell me how and what I need to do it because my Samsung U740 is way to glitchy so I want a basic pfone that has a keyboard for texting. Thanks.
    -Zipzapsracer-

› See More: Metro PCS to Verizon: Kyocera Strobe Help
    EricShultis likes this.
  2. harvil

harvil New Member

The only way I know to unlock the phone is flashing the software, writing the ESN and programming the NAM (of your verizon phone), note that Kyocera works under CDMA2000 1X. So if your cellphone verizon works under GSM is not possible.

The programs to use are QPST (you need a *.bin or *.hex file and *.qcn to flash the phone to release the SPC), and Kyo ESN Writer for the ESN

I hope I have cleared your doubt :rolleyes:

EricShultis likes this.
  3. EricShultis

EricShultis New Member

Thank you

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?