1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Mini sd card for VX9800

Discussion in 'LG' started by Shadow5, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Shadow5

Shadow5 New Member

I was wondering if the 512 mb sd would hold a decent amount of songs downloaded to it or if I'd be better off buying a 1 gig mini sd for my vx9800? Thanks for any help.

eBay has some mini sd's for a nice price.

› See More: Mini sd card for VX9800
  2. OBXVZW21

OBXVZW21 enjoys shooting nutria

i got the 1gb my girlfriend has the 512mb in her 8100. if you buy the 512mb you will wish you just went ahead and got the 1gb. i have 47 songs, 1 Family Guy movie, 9 Family guy Episodes, 4 Futurama Episodes, 40 pics i have taken, 15 vid clips i've taken (i save all pix & flix to card) and a bunch of other clips from the internet. and i still have 310mb left but getting added to daily.

3. Shadow5

Shadow5 New Member

No freaking way! Family Guy EPISODES! LMAO! I'm getting the 1 gigger. :laugh:

"Attention restaurant customers. Testicles. That is all."

Thanks for the quick response man. I appreciate it.

What kind of 1 gig mini sd did you buy if you don't mind me asking. I know some are cheap out there but breakdown cuz you get what you pay for really.

4. OBXVZW21

i have the SanDisk MiniSD.

haha testicles family guy is awsome. when you get a card let me know and i'll send you the episodes i have if you want them.

5. Shadow5

Shadow5 New Member

That's cool man. I can't wait to get the mini sd to set my phone all up with fun stuff.

6. Shadow5

Shadow5 New Member

Hey OBX! Can you send over those Family Guy episodes when you get a chance?

1. What kind of vid files can I dload to my mini sd?
    2. Also, do the songs have to be in a certain format?
    3. Is this all covered in that other thread that that other guy posted and I'm here asking for nothing? LOL.

Thanks man.

I DID wind up getting the 1gb sandisk minisd also, from tigerdirect online. Great site!

7. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Just to let you all know: 1 gig is the most the phone will recognize at this time, so stick with that.

There are both 2 gig and I've heard rumors of even 3 gig (not confirmed) out there. Don't buy them as your phone's software won't recognize anything over a gig.

Oh and the testees episode does rock! Stu is my hero...LOL

8. OBXVZW21

hey shadow just PM me your email or your yahoo, msn, or aim SN and ill send those files to you.

any vid files that are .3gp or .3g2 you can play on your phone.

songs need to be mp3 make sure your file names aren't too long or they wont work

9. Shadow5

Shadow5 New Member

Another question for anyone here...I got my mini sd today and I have followed Verizon's instructions on how to insert and format it first. But what do I have to do now to put either songs on it or video files, like Family Guy. I basically want to put songs on it first and then the video files later on. I have the mini sd adapter that came with the mini sd card. Thanks!

10. OBXVZW21

you need a card reader now

sorry about blurriness just took quick pictures

***edit: your computer or printer MIGHT have a SD slot in them

Attached Files:

11. Shadow5

Shadow5 New Member

Okay, so that hooks up to a usb port? And it fits mini sd's and regualr sd's? Never saw one of those things. How much do they go for?

12. OBXVZW21

i got this one from our store roughly $15-$20. yah it just plugs into usb. there is no slot for miniSD's in this card reader thats why they come with SD adaptors.

13. Noonan

Noonan New Member

I'm having a problem with my Mini SD. I went ahead and formatted it in the phone and it seemed to be fine. When I then plug it into my computer to put files onto it my computer keeps saying that it's not formatted. Then when I try to let the computer format it, I get an error message saying that it failed. Any suggestions?

14. OBXVZW21

try to reformat it. how did you attempt to format it the first time?

15. Noonan

Noonan New Member

The problem actually ended up being the card itself. Every time I tried to format it in my computer I got an error message. When I tried it in my other computer, it locked the whole thing up. Swapped the card now everything works fine.

16. OBXVZW21

awsome glad to hear you got it figured out and now up & running.

17. MotoFan

MotoFan New Member

i bought a sandisk mini SD, it comes with a sleeve so that it can be inserted into a SD card reader. However I bought this usp card reader that has a slot for mini sd. It is IOgear manufactured and looks like a regular usb storate drive but opens on one side to insert the mini sd. I dint have to format it at all. Just copied a song and put the mini sd in my 9800 and was able to play it, no problem.

18. JosiahW

JosiahW New Member

2 Gig MSD

Well I went out a got the 2gig stick not knowing that it would not be recognized. My question is... will it only recognize one of the two gigs or will it not recognize the card at all. Its not recognizing my card at all. I have v2.0 software for the phone. I took it into the Verizon shop and they had no idea why it would not recognize it.
    I know there is a new software version coming out this month and hopefully that will fix it.
    Also does anybody know what file format the mini SD sticks are in? I have the option of FAT or FAT32 but can not deleat the partion.
    The stick works fine on my computer but just wont recognize on the vx9800.

:flamemad:

Thank you guys for any help you can give me.

19. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Have you tried to format the card with the phone yet?

I mean don't format the card with your computer, use your phone, then just put it into your reader and see if you can x-fer songs, movies, etc to it. Then put it back into your phone and see if you can access the files that way.

20. JosiahW

JosiahW New Member

Messed Up

No I messed up when I got the card. When I first got the card I put it into the phone and it wasnt working. So I put it into my computer to see if that would work, it did. So I put a song on there and tried seeing if the phone would read it. Nope. So I put it back into my computer and tried to format it. Thats where I went wrong. I did not know that there was a format you had to do on the phone first until after I called verizon tech support.
    So how do I fix it? The phone wont format the card it just gives me a "Failed!" messager when I try.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?