1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Monitor your kids phone activity

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by jdeg, Aug 3, 2013.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

The easiest way to monitor your kids activity with Verizon is by subscribing to FamilyBase. With it you can:
    • Gain insights into your children’s activities on their devices:
      • Calls
      • Texts
      • Apps*
      • Contacts*
    • Receive notifications and alerts on activity and usage
    • Set up controls on each device
      • Set time restrictions for when a device can’t be used
      • Block contacts that you don't want your child to call or text
      • Create Trusted Contacts that are safe for your child to call or text
      • Set limits on usage for data, messages, calls and purchases
      • Lock your child’s phone on demand

Note that you cannot read texts and email with FamilyBase, but you can see how many are sent and received.

The cost is $5 a month (for up to 10 lines) and you can add it to your account by going here: Verizon FamilyBase

› See More: Monitor your kids phone activity
  2. Jessi

Jessi New Member

That is such a great service to have! It really makes it easier for parents that have young teenagers. Kids are getting cell phones at younger and younger ages these days. This will be very helpful!

3. Chris

Chris New Member

I understand about not being able to allow parents to read texts, but sometimes I think if parents really knew what was going on they could stop something ahead of time.

4. FirstTimeHTC

FirstTimeHTC New Member

I will have to pass this information on to a friend of mine. My kids don't have cell phones, but hers do and she can never figure out what they are doing that is using so much data and minutes.

5. Elsie

Elsie New Member

Wow. It's a wonder they didn't come out with something like this sooner. I can only imagine how different my teen years would have been if my parents had put something like this on my cell phone, ha ha ha!!! Seriously though, it's a good idea and I would definitely use it if I had kids old enough to have cell phones.

6. supertom

supertom New Member

I use such app for my kid and I am really satisfied with its work. I just log in and see where it is now. That is wonderful..;)

7. Phoneman

Phoneman Member

I need something like FamilyBase. All my kids have cellphones, since like all parents I would like to know where they are be able to talk to them at anytime. However, you never know what kids might be up to. I am also looking for an app that can track my kids' location and also keep a record of where a kid goes.

8. supertom

supertom New Member

Hello Phoneman,

I guess you are right, if it can help you.. I found my spyware at phonespyapps.com ... I support your idea that a parent should track the kid.. This is not the matter of privacy, but first of all the matter of SAFETY!

9. Jackson

Jackson New Member

I find it quite useful since there have been times before I started using FamilyBase when my kid has sent too many text messages to his friends. I had to remind him that it costs money to send text messages and to reduce the number of messages that he sends. Now I can track his usage and keep a regular check. It saves me a lot of money.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?