1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Motorola 270C and 2004 Acura TL?

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by Scott in Aztlan, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. PDA Man

    PDA Man Guest

    Thomas, forget Motorola. I just got a Bluetooth Module on EBAY for $22. The
    guy had many as well as theyre always on there. Although I got lucky,
    between $25 to $40 is what i say. Well worth at that price. Just remember
    the EBAY trules, check the feedback etc. You might as well plan on sending
    it right to Motorola for the free upgrade from Bluetooth 1.0 to 1.1. I have
    a 270c and the module there as we speak. The other issue is will your 270c
    firmware see the Module and thus bring up the Bluetooth Menu. And of course,
    cant tell until you get the module. If your phone is Verizon, (see EMAIL
    below from Verizon Wireless DATA) can tell you in advance, it will not.
    Verizon has not, and has no plans to, approve Bluetooth on that phone and
    thus doesnt have a version of their firmware that enables BT on the 270c. In
    short, its a clusterf_ck, but fortunately a few of us are now "experts" the
    hard way. Let me know should you need further assistance.

    EMAIL from VZW:
    Hello,

    Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our Worry
    Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact
    us. We are happy to assist you with your
    Bluetooth question.

    You may be able to bring up the Bluetooth option; however, this is not a
    connection that Verizon Wireless supports.

    To get the phone to recognize the Bluetooth module, we have listed the
    instructions below. It appears that you have already followed these
    instructions.

    1. Turn off the phone
    2. Disconnect all cables from the phone
    3. Remove the battery cover
    4. Attach the Bluetooth module to the phone in place of the battery cover
    5. Turn on the phone
    6. Press [MENU], [Settings], [Connection]
    7. Verify that your phone now displays the Bluetooth Link option

    If you do not see Bluetooth option, please know that we do not have a update
    for this phone to allow you to have this option. If you have additional
    questions regarding the Bluetooth module on the
    back of your wireless phone, please contact Motorola at 1-800-331-6456.

    If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime through
    e-mail using the address of wirelessdata@verizonwireless.com. We appreciate
    your business and thank you for choosing
    Verizon Wireless.



    › See More: Motorola 270C and 2004 Acura TL?
  2. Motorola has them for $30 or $100 with headset and battery.


    --
    Thomas M. Goethe

    "PDA Man" <pda@theman.com> wrote in message
    news:-JadnfmUhLJngyiiRVn-hg@comcast.com...
    > Thomas, forget Motorola. I just got a Bluetooth Module on EBAY for $22.

    The
    > guy had many as well as theyre always on there. Although I got lucky,
    > between $25 to $40 is what i say. Well worth at that price. Just remember
    > the EBAY trules, check the feedback etc. You might as well plan on sending
    > it right to Motorola for the free upgrade from Bluetooth 1.0 to 1.1. I

    have
    > a 270c and the module there as we speak. The other issue is will your 270c
    > firmware see the Module and thus bring up the Bluetooth Menu. And of

    course,
    > cant tell until you get the module. If your phone is Verizon, (see EMAIL
    > below from Verizon Wireless DATA) can tell you in advance, it will not.
    > Verizon has not, and has no plans to, approve Bluetooth on that phone and
    > thus doesnt have a version of their firmware that enables BT on the 270c.

    In
    > short, its a clusterf_ck, but fortunately a few of us are now "experts"

    the
    > hard way. Let me know should you need further assistance.
    >
    > EMAIL from VZW:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our

    Worry
    > Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you

    contact
    > us. We are happy to assist you with your
    > Bluetooth question.
    >
    > You may be able to bring up the Bluetooth option; however, this is not a
    > connection that Verizon Wireless supports.
    >
    > To get the phone to recognize the Bluetooth module, we have listed the
    > instructions below. It appears that you have already followed these
    > instructions.
    >
    > 1. Turn off the phone
    > 2. Disconnect all cables from the phone
    > 3. Remove the battery cover
    > 4. Attach the Bluetooth module to the phone in place of the battery cover
    > 5. Turn on the phone
    > 6. Press [MENU], [Settings], [Connection]
    > 7. Verify that your phone now displays the Bluetooth Link option
    >
    > If you do not see Bluetooth option, please know that we do not have a

    update
    > for this phone to allow you to have this option. If you have additional
    > questions regarding the Bluetooth module on the
    > back of your wireless phone, please contact Motorola at 1-800-331-6456.
    >
    > If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime

    through
    > e-mail using the address of wirelessdata@verizonwireless.com. We

    appreciate
    > your business and thank you for choosing
    > Verizon Wireless.
    >
    >
    >
    >
  3. On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:11:56 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
    <xspamgoethe11xxxxxx@lycos.com> wrote:

    > Have you been able to get it to work with anything else, like
    >non-Motorola head sets or as a modem?


    Yep! It works just fine with a BT headset, and I was able to make it dial a
    number at 14.4Kbps when using the DUN profile (I didn't make an actual modem
    connection, because I didn't have any modem numbers to dial handy).

    --
    FACT: The only time most SUVs go off the road is when the owner turns into her driveway.
  4. On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:21:31 -0800, Scott in Aztlán
    <slothkills@THEyahooOBVIOUS.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:31:14 -0500, "PDA Man" <pda@theman.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Good work Scott! Looks like you got lucky and got one with the Bluetooth
    >>firmware. After the fun wears off, it still maybe worth sending to Moto and
    >>get the latest and greatest Firmware for the Phone and Module.

    >
    >Well, the fun wore off pretty quickly.
    >
    >I took the phone to my friendly neighborhood Acura dealer and attempted to pair
    >it with the Hands Free Link in one of their TLs. I tried for 10 minutes with no
    >success - the two never even saw each other.


    I went to a different Acura dealer today, and tried once again to see if my 270C
    and the TL could even see each other. The salesman had some experience getting
    the Bluetooth working, and he told me that he had had another customer with a
    phone "just like mine" come in a few days earlier, and that it had successfully
    linked up. On my 270C (which I know for a fact does NOT have the latest
    firmware), when I click the "Await Link" option in the Bluetooth settings menu,
    it says "Awaiting link: 60 seconds" and then returns to the menu again after
    about 1 second. According to the salesman, his customer's phone would give a
    60-second countdown on that screen, and that, after counting down for a few
    seconds, it would discover the hands-free link in the car and link up
    successfully. This is encouraging news - if I can get Motorola to flash my phone
    with the latest firmware, maybe it will fix the bug and add support for the
    Bluetooth hands-free profile!

    Hope springs eternal, neh? :)

    --
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
    - Friedrich von Schiller
  5. Scott,

    I downloaded the pdf manual for the Bluetooth module from Motorola and
    it does say that it has a handsfree mode. I don't know if that is useful or
    not.


    --
    Thomas M. Goethe



    "Scott in Aztlán" <slothkills@THEyahooOBVIOUS.com> wrote in message
    news:2m3grv8oqmb30h3dhssqfv9vhgkuurutil@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:21:31 -0800, Scott in Aztlán
    > <slothkills@THEyahooOBVIOUS.com> wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:31:14 -0500, "PDA Man" <pda@theman.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Good work Scott! Looks like you got lucky and got one with the Bluetooth
    > >>firmware. After the fun wears off, it still maybe worth sending to Moto

    and
    > >>get the latest and greatest Firmware for the Phone and Module.

    > >
    > >Well, the fun wore off pretty quickly.
    > >
    > >I took the phone to my friendly neighborhood Acura dealer and attempted

    to pair
    > >it with the Hands Free Link in one of their TLs. I tried for 10 minutes

    with no
    > >success - the two never even saw each other.

    >
    > I went to a different Acura dealer today, and tried once again to see if

    my 270C
    > and the TL could even see each other. The salesman had some experience

    getting
    > the Bluetooth working, and he told me that he had had another customer

    with a
    > phone "just like mine" come in a few days earlier, and that it had

    successfully
    > linked up. On my 270C (which I know for a fact does NOT have the latest
    > firmware), when I click the "Await Link" option in the Bluetooth settings

    menu,
    > it says "Awaiting link: 60 seconds" and then returns to the menu again

    after
    > about 1 second. According to the salesman, his customer's phone would give

    a
    > 60-second countdown on that screen, and that, after counting down for a

    few
    > seconds, it would discover the hands-free link in the car and link up
    > successfully. This is encouraging news - if I can get Motorola to flash my

    phone
    > with the latest firmware, maybe it will fix the bug and add support for

    the
    > Bluetooth hands-free profile!
    >
    > Hope springs eternal, neh? :)
    >
    > --
    > Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
    > - Friedrich von Schiller
  6. On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:00:22 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
    <xspamgoethe11xxxxxx@lycos.com> wrote:

    > I downloaded the pdf manual for the Bluetooth module from Motorola and
    >it does say that it has a handsfree mode.


    Yep, I downloaded the manual, also. The hands free mode allows me to link to a
    Bluetooth headset, but I've been unable to get the same procedure to work with
    the hands free link in the Acura. :(

    --
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
    - Friedrich von Schiller
  7. Scott,

    Keep us posted if you are able to get the firmware update and make it
    work. So far, I am finding Bluetooth very frustrating. I can't get any
    Ambicom CF card to talk to a Belkin access point or a Plantronics headset. I
    am beginning to think this stuff is not ready for primetime. Apparently it
    is very important to stay with one vendors equipment, if possible.


    --
    Thomas M. Goethe

    "Scott in Aztlán" <slothkills@THEyahooOBVIOUS.com> wrote in message
    news:kejgrvodlu6rphh3t6het84mitvp7blmq6@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:00:22 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
    > <xspamgoethe11xxxxxx@lycos.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I downloaded the pdf manual for the Bluetooth module from Motorola

    and
    > >it does say that it has a handsfree mode.

    >
    > Yep, I downloaded the manual, also. The hands free mode allows me to link

    to a
    > Bluetooth headset, but I've been unable to get the same procedure to work

    with
    > the hands free link in the Acura. :(
    >
    > --
    > Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
    > - Friedrich von Schiller
  8. Giambi

    Giambi Guest

    "Giambi" <byegiambi2WINNER@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:bpb1d9$1m2006$1@ID-192805.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > I thought VZW was losing millions in revenue by chasing BT business? :p


    Obviously, that should have ended with "by NOT chasing BT business". My bad.
    --
    Jason G
    Marlins Win. The Gods of Baseball Smite Me Again.
    Remove 'WINNER' to reply.
  9. On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:44:21 -0800, "Giambi" <byegiambi2WINNER@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I think it's quite possible they looked at the potential revenue gain in
    >users vs. the increased support costs and paid time of training their CS and
    >Tech Support, figured it may actually be a money loser and said 'thanks but
    >no thanks'.


    Funny, AT&T and Cingular managed to offer BT phones and still remain in
    business... Guess their management is just smarter than Verizon's. :)

    --
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
    - Friedrich von Schiller
  10. Giambi

    Giambi Guest

    "Scott in Aztlán" <slothkills@THEyahooOBVIOUS.com> wrote in message
    news:l5ajrv4n0fcsu16r4hgut5ep2si4ptrka0@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:44:21 -0800, "Giambi"

    <byegiambi2WINNER@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I think it's quite possible they looked at the potential revenue gain in
    > >users vs. the increased support costs and paid time of training their CS

    and
    > >Tech Support, figured it may actually be a money loser and said 'thanks

    but
    > >no thanks'.

    >
    > Funny, AT&T and Cingular managed to offer BT phones and still remain in
    > business... Guess their management is just smarter than Verizon's. :)
    > --
    > Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
    > - Friedrich von Schiller


    Completely unrelated to BT, but yes.. they are still in business this week.
    That may start changing next week though, so don't go extolling their
    management's performance just yet.

    And I did wish you all good luck in getting it working, in case you missed
    it.
    --
    Jason G
    Marlins Win. The Gods of Baseball Smite Me Again.
    Remove 'WINNER' to reply.
  11. On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:30:52 -0800, "Giambi" <byegiambi2WINNER@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >> >I think it's quite possible they looked at the potential revenue gain in
    >> >users vs. the increased support costs and paid time of training their CS

    >and
    >> >Tech Support, figured it may actually be a money loser and said 'thanks

    >but
    >> >no thanks'.

    >>
    >> Funny, AT&T and Cingular managed to offer BT phones and still remain in
    >> business... Guess their management is just smarter than Verizon's. :)

    >
    >Completely unrelated to BT, but yes.. they are still in business this week.
    >That may start changing next week though, so don't go extolling their
    >management's performance just yet.
    >
    >And I did wish you all good luck in getting it working, in case you missed
    >it.


    No sleight against you was intended. Rather, I'm just another Verizon customer
    frustrated by Verizon's lack of Bluetooth phones.

    --
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
    - Friedrich von Schiller

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?