1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola w755 for Verizon

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by Babadino, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Babadino

Babadino New Member

I just ordered a new w755 online yesterday from Amazon (Jan 11, 2013).
    The reason that I chose this particular model is because I have been using the Nextel iDEN network with at first an i866 and then now an i766. The w775 is in the same series.
    I use it strictly for my business, and I only use a speaker phone that must be loud. I also like the compactness and light weight because I only wear it on my belt, and when I am up on a ladder, I can answer the phone and set on the ladder and continue working freeing up both hands. Another excellent feature of the w775 is that it has an external antenna port, where I can plug in the adapter and use an external antenna in my vehicles or in my office building, and put a 3 watt amlplifier in line too. There are no new phones that I know of that have this feature, and it is very important to me. I don't like to have RF bouncing around in my car or office, and would never use a bluetooth repeater.
    I don't do texting or anything else with my business phone, and I have a new computer in my office.
    I searched online for for a simular phone to no avail, they simply don't make small, thin lightweight phones that have a good speaker phone any more, and smart phones are WAY to big for my use.
    My questions are, how do I go about getting my Motorola w775 phone activated on Verizon, I have never bought a phone online before, I always buy it activated from the carrier.
    Also, I have another mobile phone account from Affinity Cellular, which uses the Verizon network but it is much less expensive because it is a volume reseller through AAA insurance.
    I called Affinity cellular and they told me that they are not allowed to let their customers use any other phones than the very low quality LG Accolade (which I have now) or a big bulky QUERTY LG.
    If anyone out there has any advice to get my w775 up on the air, I would greatly appreciate it.
    The i776 Nextel phone that I have been using for the last 4 years works great but Sprint bought Nextel to shut it down on are about June 30th, 2013, so I finally found a good replacement.
    It is sad what Sprint did to Nextel, the iDEN network is to powerful, uses too much bandwidth and too expensive to operate, all good things must come to an end.

› See More: Motorola w755 for Verizon
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?