1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

My LG EnV(Vx9900) hates me.

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by TheGrimReefer, Sep 15, 2007.

1. TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer New Member

I can't seem to get my MicroSD card to format. I insert the card and go to Settings & Tools, 8. Memory, 3. Card Memory, Options And then I format it. But when I go to add music to it on my PC it tells me that it isn't formatted.

I was just wondering if anyone ran into the same problem and if anyone knows what to do to get my MicroSD to format in my phone. Please, help me out.

› See More: My LG EnV(Vx9900) hates me.
  2. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Does the phone say the card has been formatted?

As long as you have put the card in the right way, there is no reason the phone should not have formatted the Micro SD card.

You could have a bad card, but depending on where you got it, they may not take it back because it has been used.

3. Cellhutcom

Cellhutcom New Member

lol this is funny giving a phone human emotions,

anyways sounds like a defective card or it could be a prob with your phone try a different card and if the prob continues try to get ur phone checked out

4. rangerrick82

rangerrick82 New Member

Try following these directions. I tried the same way as you and had no luck, I tried these directions and it worked.

From the main screen, press OK to choose Menu.
    Select Settings & Tools then press OK.
    Select Memory then press OK.
    Select Card Memory then press OK.
    Press the right soft key to choose Options.
    Select Format then press OK.
    When prompted, enter the 4-digit lock code.
    The default code is the last 4-digits of the mobile number.
    Select Yes then press OK.

My problem is that I don't know how to remove the sdcard from the phone. I can't find an eject button and don't have long fingernails to reach in and pull it out.

5. Fred333

Fred333 New Member

Thanks for the steps. My friend had asked me to get her card out too and I could grip it either. Nice instructions.

6. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Simply press "in" on the card and it will eject far enough to grip it either with your fingertips or at worst a pair of tweezers.

7. concubine

concubine New Member

OK I'm having this same exact problem. I just bought a sandisk 4gb card and formatted it in my env. It says it formatted, with no problems. Then when I take the card, put it into the adapter and plug the adapter into the computer it tells me that the card is not formatted. Then it asks if I want to format the card. The first few times I said no. Then I hit yes just to see what would happen and it tells me that the card cannot be formatted this way.

That is what happens when I try to use explorer to view the card.

What do I do from here? Is the 4gb card too large for the phone? This is aggravating the piss out of me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?