1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

MyCast.orb.com vrs V-cast/LG enV

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Tangent, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Tangent

Tangent New Member

:flamemad: Okay I went for it and got my self the LG enV because it was supposed to do it all. I did not understand that V-cast was Verizon cast and it only shows Verizion content. There is no browsing of video or music media only preselected media by Verizon. So Verison has full control of what Media is delivered to my phone. That is just sick! I hope Verizon steps off their controlling trip and start allowing us to use the internet the way it was meant to be. There are millions now watching and listing to what ever media they want to on all their mobile devices including live TV and all for free just by streaming it from their online PC from home. But Verizion made sure this could not be done with their new phones. Instead we get preselected little mini cut clips of junk for an extra cost! Then if there is anything worth spending some time watching or listing to you have to pay even more to upload it. Sounds a bit dictator-sh to me. Well I am bumming and I hope Verizon aims to cut out some of the greed real soon. Don't get me wrong I do like Verizon and I would be split on leaving it. The service as far as the phone goes is great best one out of three I had so far I wont mention any names "Nextel and Sprint" Any way I would love to see Verizion get hooked up with the crew at "orb" and get us plugged in ASAP or something. It is very tiring of getting over charged especially when your paying for stuff that is already free. We just got rid of our cable boxes because of ridicules prices for nothing. We don't miss them either. For those who don't know what I am talking about take a look at mycast.orb.com I honestly think Verizion made a big mistake trying to avoid this move and will lose a lot of customers. If the device it's self was made incompatible there should be a call back or somthing. I really feel short changed here!

› See More: MyCast.orb.com vrs V-cast/LG enV
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

There are ways around most of what you are complaining about. You can still browse the internet on that phone, for an extra fee of course.

3. Tangent

Tangent New Member

I do use the browser quite often. I use the new Google search for mobile which converts most to all of the web content and images and configures some links. I find the Google quite useful. However, as far as the media goes it is all blocked by Verizion at the software level. The system will not allow any streaming outside of Verizon. I geuss there are a rare few phones from Verizon that will work but I imagine these are older video phones running older software. It just bugs the hell out of me. I really like my phone (enV) and I like the service pretty much. But why am I paying more and getting less than what others are getting for free? Maybe there are ways around it but I have not seen one yet. All I know is what I have read and tried. It all would be nice...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?