1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

need a prepaid wireless service for droid bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by brawny86, Mar 14, 2013.

1. brawny86

brawny86 New Member

I purchased an unlocked droid bionic recently and am having a rough time finding the right carrier. I want to join a no contract, independent carrier that runs off of either verizon or alltel networks. So far, I have tried straight talk, net10, page plus, us cellular, virgin mobile, and boost mobile. Pretty much out of ideas and hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction, or let me know if a company like this even exists. Thanks

› See More: need a prepaid wireless service for droid bionic
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Has the phone software been modified to use the GSM frequencies of the radio? From what I understand the stock Verizon software only has the CDMA frequencies enabled and prepaid providers will not activate a CDMA phone from another network.

3. brawny86

brawny86 New Member

That I am not sure. I contacted the original seller but have not heard back. From what I understand, I thought it wasn't possible to convert a CDMA phone to GSM. Thanks for your input

4. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I've read that this model of the Bionic has the GSM antenna, but isn't enabled. People have modified the software to turn it on.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?