1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Deciding which phone to get.

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by uthscsa19, Apr 26, 2007.

1. uthscsa19

uthscsa19 New Member

I have my "New Every 2" offer coming up in about 3 weeks, and I'm trying to decide what phone to get. I mostly use my phone just for talking, but I also keep appointments and small notes on it.

My current phone only holds about 10 appointments in my calendar, and I can only keep 10 notes. I'd like a phone that can hold a lot more than that. My current phone is also a bit bulky, so I'd really like a thin phone (doesn't have to be small, just thin so it lays flat in my pocket). I am still considering getting the V-Cast VPak on my plan so that I browse the internet (without using my minutes) and to check on the news and weather (I have a few questions concerning this below). While a camera/mp3 player is a plus, I don't think I'll be making much use for it. When I want photos I'll use my SLR, and my Ipod for music.

What phone would you recommend? I currently like the VX8600, VX8700, MOTOKRZR and the u740, but I'm not sure if they fit what I am looking for. Also, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the 8600 and the 8700 exept looks and price? What are the differences?

About the VCast VPak, I am still unsure as to what it includes. From Verizon's sketchy description, I am guessing I get access to the web from my phone (which will hopefully let me view my gmail, weather, news, etc) for free (as in no use of my minutes, and no charge per access after my $15 payment), and I'll get access to their free video clips and news clips without additional charges. I'm also guessing you still have to pay to download ring tones, games and music if you want any of those. Is this correct? Did I leave something out, or something that they offer for free or included in the plan that I left out? I am just trying to understand exactly what it is. I've talked to 3 representatives, and I get a slightly different version from each one. I've read their small print, and its even more confusing than the reps, and thats even with me being and IT admin who's pretty tech savy. Also factor in the use checking email, weather, news, free video/audio into what I want in a phone. Whether I get V-cast or not, I'd like to have the option to use it, and a phone that makes good use of it.

I know that was pretty long, but I thank you for any responses.

› See More: Need Help Deciding which phone to get.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?