1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with text messaging plan.

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by spin03, Nov 10, 2005.

1. spin03

spin03 New Member

This is my first post, hello everyone.

I have an VX6000, and I've had it close to 2 years, so I need an upgrade. I really want the VX9800. It has every feature I could want. My big gripe is how Verizon doesn't have a text message only feature for a service plan. They charge $15 a month for 500 Texts, Pics, or Videos. Yes, that isn't bad, but I only care about Texts for AIM. Cingular has a service so you get 1000 text messages for $10 (1000 is way more than enough). Am I missing something, or am I going to need to spend $15 a month on text messaging?

Thanks for any help.

› See More: Need help with text messaging plan.
  2. ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik Verizon Advisor

$2.99- 100
    $4.99- 250
    $9.99- 1000
    $19.99- 2500

These texts count for anyone you send or receive them from, including Verizon customers.

Hope this helps.

3. spin03

spin03 New Member

Wow. Thank you. 1000 for $10 is fine with me.

4. spin03

spin03 New Member

Thank you for all of the help. I found out that I am not eligible for the $100 credit (I am on a family share plan, my line is $10 a month, needs to be $35+ a month to be eligible), so I need to spend $250 for the phone after mail in rebate. I'll still get it, but that was a bit of a downer. Again, thanks for the help.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?