1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

New Guy - Suggestions please

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by mbhw, Jul 20, 2008.

1. mbhw

mbhw New Member

Hi all, long time Verizon user here. Due to a limited amount of bar phones available at the time, I was "forced" into purchasing the Motoslvr L7. I've had the phone for over a year, and I hate it. I'm at the point of tossing it into the trash. :flamemad:

I would appreciate suggestions, as I am looking for the following traits in a phone:

1) Bar shape - not married to this, but I'm clumsy (handicapped) and tend to drop phones, and I'm tired of breaking flip hinges.

2) Sound quality - more than anything else, I want folks to hear me and me to hear them clearly, after all, that's the point of a phone. :)

3) I would prefer a slim phone, not some chunky monstrosity that could rival my mac mini in size.

4) Decent camera would be a plus, but not a deal breaker.

5) Easy to use keys

6) I don't know if this exists, but a phone that will allow me to use one of my MP3s as a ring tone so I don't have to "rent" one from Verizon.

Last but not least, it can't be a Motorola. Price - hopefully not insane, but open to all ranges

I've stuck with Verizon for various reasons, but I'm 2 steps away from canceling and going to a provider who offers more pones that I would like.

Thanks in advance

› See More: New Guy - Suggestions please
  2. xmirage2kx

xmirage2kx New Member

LG VX8300 or LG VX8350
    Both are good "Phones" (vs PDA/MP3 players that pretend to make calls) but are still loaded with features. Some people say they feel cheap, but no one I know (my work issued these phones to about 50 people) have broken the phones at the flip joint. The only indestructable phone I have ever seen is the Nokia 3595

3. RJB

RJB Mobile Maestro

Well there is really no bar phones for Verizon so really the only other thing I would suggest if the chocolate 2. It is a slider but really is a good phone. You wont have to worry about a hing breaking on you. Also it is a thin phone.

4. mbhw

mbhw New Member

Thanks for the suggestions

5. kene4466

kene4466 New Member

If your looking for nice sound and pictures enV or enV 2 My previous phone was LG 8300 awesome phone if you can find it, took nice pictures also.

6. Mlberk

Mlberk New Member

I really like the Alias. It's pretty freakin sweet. It flips two different ways that you can use it. it has a full keyboard when flipped one way and then a phone style the other...freakin sweet!!!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?