1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

new SCH-U470 Verizon Juke

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by tjnguyen, Oct 28, 2007.

1. tjnguyen

tjnguyen New Member

I just got this phone and i was wondering is there any way to upload ringtones to this phone, its new and i got a bluetooth adapter and sucessfully connected it to my PC. When i try to send a ringtone, right click file, send to, blue tooth, SCH-U470, it says Request could not be honored when i try to send it. Is there any way to transfer ringtones? I dont like the ringtones verizon offers and making my own is much better.

› See More: new SCH-U470 Verizon Juke
  2. caption_nemo

caption_nemo New Member

I was wondering the same thing.
  3. xj911

xj911 New Member

verizon doesn't allow object transfer via bluetooth. There may be possible workarounds, but as fire as I know they limit the OBEX profile on all their phones which allow transfer of mp3 files from pc to phone and phone to phone.
  4. unholydoragon

unholydoragon New Member

so basically you have to buy their crappy ringtones? What are the workarounds to this? It seems really stupid that you can paly music but cant use them as ringtones.
  5. sanchke

sanchke New Member

Just send an email with an attachment to yourcellphonenumberATvzwpix.com
  6. basketballer88

basketballer88 New Member

I've heard of this one way to put ringtones on your phone for free

1. Download BitPim from some site on google

2. Plug in your phone and make sure your computer downloads the drivers for it. If not PM me and I'll send you the link.

3. After that you've got to download HexEditor (also look up on google)

4. Once you install run the BitPim

5. Click on edit then settings

6. Change the phone type to: SCH-A950 this will be the closest thing to
    the Juke

7. Now on the side bar hit media then ringers and then upload your mp3s.

8. This will bring you to the Convert Audio File screen, keep the settings as they are and click Convert.

9. After the conversion process you'll need to press "play clip. The purple bar is where the clip starts and the red is where it ends. WARNING: this process is very tedious, because you want to get it perfect. Don't be alarmed if the screen freezes on you, thats normal, give it a few minutes because it's busy reading and converting the mp3 all at once.

10. Once you have the arrows set and the mp3 ready hit the Ok button and you should get an error message then saying the file is to big. Simply ignore it and hit ok.

11. Once you get all of the mp3s up that you want up, you'll need to then go back to the Edit menu, click settings and then change the phone type to
    Other CDMA phone. This will allow you connect your phone and thus upload the songs.

12. BEFORE PLUGGING THE PHONE IN DO THIS!
    Go to your settings and tools menu, then hit the # key. You will get a screen that says User Lock, the password is 000000 (all zeros) hit ok

13. This will bring out the System Info page, scroll down to option 3 which is MTP settting, and once your there, change MTP to MSM, this will allow your computer to communicate to the phone. Now you can hit the end button and the screen will say Music Sync Not Allowed, ignore this and plug in the cell phone.

14. Your phone will most likely auto detect in the BitPim, if it doesn't simply go to settings and change the phone to Other CDMA phone. Now under Com ports hit Browse. And make sure that you see the name "Samsung Mobile Modem Diagnostic Port" if you don't then you need to go back and add the drivers.

15. If it's there, then find out what port number it is, and highlight it and hit ok once again. You with me so far? Good

16. The COM Port should match the Samsung port, now you will have to open the FileSystem on the left side task bar. If it's not there, click view and then View Filesysytem.

17. Open up the file system, and then hit the file folder called BREW

18. From there open the MOD folder, and from there the last folder will be called mr. Open it, most likely your not going to have any songs in there so it should be empty.

19. This is where the fun starts. Remember how when you made those ringtones and they took forever, well guess where they are? My Documents! Yep, double click it, there will be a new folder called bitpim, now open it and open the ringer folder. Viola, instant ringtone files. Though were not done yet!

20. Now drag all of those files into your mr folder in BitPim. All of them are going to be something like F0000005 or whatever. Ignore that for now.

21. The process will take a few minutes to get those songs from there to the phone. Once it's done, you'll need to right click the mr in BitPim and click on Reboot Phone. This way when the folder will loads up again, you will see a new document in there called MrInfo.db.

22. Well this is the tricky part, and usually the one where most people mess up. Right click the new file and save it to your desktop. From here you need to go to your desktop and open the file itself.

23. When prompted open with HexEditor. The program might be called something else, but you catch my drift right? Good. Now for the complicated part: Open with HexEditor and then once it loads up the file theres gonna be alot of letters and numbers. Simply click search then click on replace. The screen will say replace Hex String type this into the first box: 7C 30 7C 30 and in the Hex string below that enter 7C 30 7C 33. Then hit replace all.

24. The screen will then say how many times it replaced the string. Hit okay, and now save the file to your desktop once again, replacing the original one you saved. Now go back to BitPim and delete the MrInfo.db on that screen, and drag the new MrInfo.db file from your desktop to the mr folder. This will then allow you to play your ringtones.

25. Now you can go unplug the phone, go to Settings and Tools, # key, User lock 000000, option 3 MTP settings, and switch back to MTP instead of MSM. And viola your ringtones are now on the phone. Was that so hard?

26. Keep in mind that your going to need to rename the files on your phone. You could always rename them in the ringers folder before you upload them to your phone, but then it's weird because you need to know what size they are and such, too much hassle. So listen to em and rename them.
    1 person likes this.
  7. cgman

cgman New Member

Basketballer is correct.

Bitpim is the way to go

it's easy and bitpim has the Juke built in now.

cgman
  8. woli

woli New Member

9. kismg

kismg New Member

hi need help for using u 740 plz
  10. Fayel

Fayel New Member

good one

hey listen to the basketballer guy....... i did what he said with my juke and now i got the ringtones i want..... for free!! lol nice i will be using bitpim for all my ringtones now....i just got one question..... do i have to do what you said everytime to add ringtones?
  11. basketballer88

basketballer88 New Member

i believe so, unfortunately
  12. CellHell

CellHell New Member

Does anyone know if that hack above works for full-length MP3s, not just clips for ringtones? I'm trying to sync MP3s from the phone back to the PC.
  13. doctor who

doctor who New Member

Those instructions are a little outdated for this phone. If you do the help on bitpim site, it is a lot simpler now. It appears they now have the drivers for this phone. It is as simple as doing step 12 and 13 on this page and hooking up your USB cable. Then start bitpim and it should autodetect the phone.(I was using bitpim 1.0.7) Then do steps 7-10. Then click the button to upload your data to the phone. My phone shutdown after this step. Started it back up. Then did step 25. Unplugged phone from USB. All done.
  14. netdragon

netdragon New Member

As the previous poster said, it's MUCH easier now with BitPIM 1.0.6. Here's what I did (through Bluetooth) on the Dell Latitude D830 with the Verizon SCH-U470.

1) Went to the Bluetooth menu and pressed options and chose discovery mode.
    2) Then on the PC, I double-clicked the Bluetooth Icon in the system notification area (systray) which brought up "Bluetooth Settings" and chose "New Connection" and let it find the phone. SCH-u470 showed up. I then connected. (might be different on your computer)
    3) I checked the Bluetooth COM port # under "Bluetooth Manager" by clicking Detail, save this for later.
    4) I then opened BitPIM.
    5) I went into Settings and chose SCH-U470.
    6) I entered COM41 (the correct COM port from step 3)
    7) I then could get all contacts, images (only ones I added by taking photos, not the defaults that came with the phone), call data, AND ringtones from the phone!
    8) I copied a MID file over and it worked!
    9) Same thing for WAVs (Note: To work, you need to leave it on default setting of 2 channel, 44100 Hz)

Note that the phone reboots whenever you transfer. This is annoying because it means you have to reconnect the phone again in the computer's Bluetooth menu. Oh well...
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  15. poolboy87

poolboy87 New Member

Can you send me the link for the driver A950
  16. Pablo E Canale

Pablo E Canale New Member

necesito ayuda para hacer funcionar el reproductor de mi sansung juke ya que por Error borre las carpetas. ahora mi reproductor No funciona. la pc No lo reconoce. como hago:(

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?