1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

New VX 9800?

Discussion in 'LG' started by biggbobb, Mar 8, 2006.

1. biggbobb

biggbobb New Member

anyone know if Verizon / LG will be offering a new version of the VX9800? if i'm gonna be locked into a 2yr contract i wanna be sure a new model isn't coming out soon. and i've heard some complaints about the 9800 so figured a new model might have improvements. any clues out there?

› See More: New VX 9800?
  2. OBXVZW21

OBXVZW21 enjoys shooting nutria

they have come out with software upgrades to make the phone work better and they will probably come out with more. they have like 7 versions on the 8100 and they are only on ver 2 with the 9800. i have heard rumors of a phone coming out from LG that is going to be close to the 9800 but not sure if it will be "better".

By the way any software upgrade is free all you would have to do is take it to a verizon wireless corporate store and they will flash the phone for you.

if you have any other question please feel free to ask. :D

3. biggbobb

biggbobb New Member

when i get the phone, how can i tell what version i have?

4. OBXVZW21

OBXVZW21 enjoys shooting nutria

go to

menu -> settings & tools -> system -> device info -> SW version

if under sw version you see v01 on the end of that then it's version 1 if not it's version 2

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?