1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

No Sound on my voyager...???

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by lg Voyager, Mar 1, 2009.

1. lg Voyager

lg Voyager New Member

all of the sudden i have no sound, when i try to play a ring tone nothing, when i try to make a call nothing, but when a call comes in my phone rings and when i turn the phone on and off it make noise, when i hit the clear button i get nothing and it tells me voice command timed out so its not hearing me. whats the problem? i did a factory reset and reprogrammed it, tried turning it off and on but still nothing. help me please

Edit: Also i cannot activate speaker phone at all even when answering a call.

› See More: No Sound on my voyager...???
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Sounds like a manufacturer defect.

Sorry I can't help you more...maybe try giving Verizon Wireless a call...1-800-922-0204

1 person likes this.
  3. lg Voyager

lg Voyager New Member

well i went aheqad and called verizon and they said the phone is shot, awesome lol, its not under warrenty any more and now i have to go back to the audiovox cdm-180 lol...oh well thanks guys

4. Tearrs

Tearrs New Member

take it to your provider and get a new phone!

5. chistagedan

chistagedan New Member

This happened to my Voyager too (exactly same scenario). Once before but all functionality returned in two days. Now, I am on Day 3 of this problem. Good to know I have to go back to the store.

6. kaosvarkas

kaosvarkas New Member

My phone is now doing this exact same thing, when you called did they say why it happened? The phone this happened to me on is an insurance replacement, do I have any ground to request a new one free of charge? Thanks guys.

Interesting tidbit...when you plug your phone into the charger, everything works again. Atleast it worked for me.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  7. ninersgal

ninersgal New Member

Re: No Sound on my LG Voyager...???

I have had the titanium voyager for 8 months. It has worked perfectly until today when I experienced the EXACT same problems you describe. The phone sends and receives texts, all advanced features work. It dings when I turn it on. It rings for incoming calls....but I cant hear anyone when I answer....speakerphone wont turn on...everything you said. It is not the speakers because I can hear the turn on sound just fine. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with verizon and they said that this is a "known software issue" and that I have to take the phone in to have it updated. They also said that if it didnt work after that I would be given a replacement phone at no charge. Just an FYI...my phone is in PERFECT condition, never dropped, no water damage not even a scratch so we will see when I go in tomorrow if they can fix it!!!

8. amvgirl

amvgirl New Member

This is my second LG Voyager and it did the same thing. My phone make noise when i turn it on, when someone calls. But no sound when i call out. Did the software update help or no?

9. barbaramelton

barbaramelton New Member

ANSWER! At the same MOMENT you put your charger on the phone, be pressing your SPEAKER phone on the open keyboard. Do it several times. The key is in the timing. Have the speaker button pressed down when you plug in the charger. After two or three times, my speaker came back on and all worked well again!! Trial and error!!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?