1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Nokia with Windows 8

Discussion in 'Nokia' started by Anita, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Anita

Anita New Member

I keep hearing that the Windows 8 environment is a lot like the Xbox 360/Xbox One environments. Does anyone here have both to say if that's true? If it is, I think I might buy one of the Nokia phones with Windows 8 loaded.

› See More: Nokia with Windows 8
  2. Elsie

Elsie New Member

I've seen screenshots of the Windows 8 environment and yes, it does look a lot like the Xbox dashboards. I haven't heard many people say that they like Windows 8, though, at least not where PC is concerned. Maybe their phones are better.

3. Gregg

Gregg New Member

Both of the Xbox consoles have tiled layouts like Windows 8 so yeah, I'd say they're all very similar. Just so you know... I haven't heard a lot of good things about Windows 8. I don't know if it's because it's so different from Windows 7 and people just aren't used to it yet or if there are legitimate issues with the OS.

4. Keanu

Keanu New Member

I have Windows 8 now and I must say that I like it better than other operating systems. It is very smooth and the tiled interface gives it an attractiveness that cannot be matched. In fact I bought my handset due to Windows 8 on it.

All my friends have appreciated it so far and one even wanted to buy the same handset! I recommended the same set that I have to her.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?