1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Nothign is working on my enV vx9900

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by edwardl, Jul 2, 2007.

1. edwardl

edwardl New Member

I don't know if this should go in the verizon or LG forum, but here it goes.

Today (7/1/07) I added a new LG enV VX9900 to my families 700 minute family plan. I brought it home and couldn't get any features to work.

Originally AIM wouldn't work, it said it was an invalid screenname or password (it wasn't) but later AIM finally started working.

If I go to Get It Now! to look at games or ringtones it says "Unable to retrieve catalog. Please try again later. (534)"

If i choose email, then click OK for the wireless sync, after a few seconds it says "Web Error !"

If I choose navigator, it opens it up to a window that says "loading Privacy Policy" then turns into a window that says "System Alert Unable to get policy" with a ! next to the OK button.
    Then it says "THERE WAS A PROBLEM INITIALIZING THE GPS. PLEASE EXIT AND RESTART VZ NAVIGATOR."

I CAN send and recieve regular text messages and phone calls. If I take a picture with the camera's phone, then try to send it through a PIX Message, it says "MESSAGE DELIVERY FAILED"

Now, what's wrong with my phone? Did verizon not set something up right with my account? Is the phone broken? Do I have to do something?

› See More: Nothign is working on my enV vx9900
  2. ost1az

ost1az New Member

You are in the right group. I wish I could help you, but I don't much of the features you've mentioned. I'm surprised nobody else has responded. I haven't had any problems accessing my Yahoo email. By the way Yahoo offers Driving Directions through the Verizon internet. I would suggest you contact verizon about these problems.

3. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

Call your ISP customer support.

4. Bosco

Bosco New Member

try reprogramming the phone. *228

5. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Make sure you choose option 1, as option 2 will do you no good in this circumstance.

6. EnVious

EnVious New Member

Make sure you are not in Music Only mode.

7. Bosco

Bosco New Member

Well yeah sorry meant that as well lol

8. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Also, with VZ Navigator, make sure you have selected "Location On" in "Phone Settings", "Location". Otherwise, VZ Navigator can't communicate with the GPS chip and you will get the errors you mentioned.

Your Pix message issue is most likely caused by a missing feature on your account. Call Customer Care and have them check it out.

Your Get It Now! and Wireless Sync issues are actually the same problem. Wireless Sync is a Get It Now! program and must be downloaded before you can use it. If you are having problems getting the catalog to load you will also have problems with Wireless Sync.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  9. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Also, you do know you have to pay for both the email and Navigator programs...right?

Just because they are on your phone, doesn't mean they are free.

If you do a lot of texting and use both the Email and Navigator programs a lot also, you may want to up your family package to the Premium Package that Verizon offers.

I have it and with a teenage daughter texting and a wife that gets lost going to the grocery store, the package fits us perfect.

It comes with these features:

Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging to anyone on any network in the U.S.
    Mobile Email
    V CAST VPak
    VZ Navigator
    Unlimited IN Calling to any Verizon Wireless Customer and Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes.
    Access to America's Most Reliable Wireless Voice Network.

If you would like to find out more about it, here is a link to it.

America's Choice® Premium Family SharePlan®

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?