1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Only 15 Mbps?

Discussion in 'FIOS Internet' started by Anita, May 6, 2014.

1. Anita

Anita New Member

I was looking at Verizon's Internet plans and their fastest plan quotes speeds of 7.1 - 15 Mbps. Why are they so much slower than Comcast and AT&T, who both offer plans up to 100 Mbps?

› See More: Only 15 Mbps?
  2. Baylyn

Baylyn New Member

It's probably because they are a mobile provider. I think part of what you're paying for with Verizon is the hotspot (I think that's what they're called) availability.

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

They're definitely referring to FIOS internet service and not cell phones. This was posted in the FIOS forum.

Anyway. 15mbps is definitely not the fastest (in fact, it's the slowest offered), unless you have some restriction on speed in your area. 500mbps is the fastest, but is usually reserved for businesses. See here: FiOS Quantum Internet - Fastest Internet | Internet Speed Test | Verizon Official Site

4. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Wow -- Looks like Verizon offers speeds that are a LOT faster than Comcast. I'm really liking their 150/75 mbps plan; it's only $130/month and it would TRIPLE our speed and basically only double our bill.

5. Danielle

Danielle New Member

The OP may have restrictions on speed in her area. I clicked that link and then when I put my zip code in, I was told that those services aren't available in my area. It's too bad; the prices are very reasonable!

6. HomeBrewJoe

HomeBrewJoe New Member

I think you may have been looking at Comcast internet speeds. FiOS internet speeds offer up to 300 Mbps...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?