1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Opt-out of Verizon 'sharing' your information

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by jdeg, Mar 19, 2009.

1. tracie42001

tracie42001 New Member

LIST]
    [/LIST]M
    Well if anyone in customer service could handle a simple problem it wouldn't take hours. I had to call about my blackberry getting dropped from the network 3x in 3 months always right after they updated my bill online. Their answer....remove battery, reinstall battery.when shocked This realize it didn't work then just like the 5x I tried it before calling they transfer me. Each time to someone who speaks worse than the previous customer service tech as far as broken English and thick accent. After telling the 6th person I was transferred to that I'm sick of removing the battery either fix it, replace it or shove my contract and all 5 of my smartphone lines where the sun doesn't shine they Miraculously agreed the cell tower kicked the phone off the network hold one moment and wow it worked. Which is what should have happened with the first customer service tech after pushing 3 for technical support. So being things always take an hour, even little things like resetting sim card password, or calling to change billing address (I gave up on. This as I can't get anyone There to realize highway is not spelled hi way but luckily my mail lady has a sense of humor) I think not getting spam or having more trees murdered for junk fliers in my mailbox That I definately don't want seems like the better thing to do especially since the techs that actually listen when we explain the problem get it taken care of quickly and the rest are quickly snapping please hold and transferring us so not to actually have to do anything more than tell us to pull our battery

› See More: Opt-out of Verizon 'sharing' your information
  2. barry_g

barry_g New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd add a note. According to customer service today, there is no opt out for PrePaid Verizon accounts because PrePaid accounts are never opted in - their info is NOT shared by Verizon.

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

updated the first post with the latest information

4. Celia

Celia Member

I know it is time-consuming, but I always read the fine print and make sure I'm not buying into anything extra. Which means that I opt out of any possibility of someone accessing my information.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?