1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Outgoing calls will not connect

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by jc2103, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jc2103

jc2103 New Member

Phone LG AX300
    Location - western NC - Alltel piggybacks with Carolina West
    Prepaid plan; 2 stage dialing required

Up until about a week ago, this phone had worked flawlessly.

I can get incoming calls, and incoming texts.

Outgoing calls never get to the point where I am asked to dial the number again.

After 30-40 seconds it disconnects.

Alltel Customer Service seems kinda clueless and says they have 'entered a ticket' for Carolina West - pass the buck, pass the buck.

With a large prepaid balance, if I can get it back I'll ditch phone for another provider.

Any thoughts?

› See More: Outgoing calls will not connect
  2. jc2103

jc2103 New Member

***Update***

After going around in circles with a cadre of totally incompetent people at Alltel, all of whom were clueless as to how to solve my problems, I fixed it myself this morning.

A well placed shot from a Glock 19 has ended my LG AX300's brief career and ended my PIA experience with Alltel.

I have learned 1) - never get service from a provider that piggybacks another provider. Alltel depends on Carolina Wireless in my area, and my research shows that they are worse than Alltel for customer service. 2) Avoid Alltel itself, certainly in western NC. If you haven't had problems, you're lucky, and your day is likely coming.

# 1) above will limit the providers you can choose from, like Verizon and AT&T, but for me, it is still a better option, and you have only one contact to make.

Have a great day!!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?