1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Phone cuts off

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Celia, May 20, 2015.

1. Celia

Celia Member

My Samsung Galaxy 3 keeps cutting off in the middle of a conversation. I get a call, and then, about a minute later, it cuts off. What could be causing that?

› See More: Phone cuts off
  2. scannermanner1

scannermanner1 Moderator Staff Member

Well it could be a loss of Service, or a defect with the phone. I would call 611, (on the phone with the problem) then option 1 then 2 then 3 then 1 and 1 again and that should get you to a representative and tell them what is going on and they should get you pointed in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dialtone

Dialtone Member

You need to check whether it is your handset that is causing the issue or is a problem with the network. I would say check your phone first and try another handset and if your calls don't drop with it then it is not a network issue. If it is a network issue just call them up and they will sort it out soon as they have excellent support.

4. Jackson

Jackson New Member

This is a common problem with handsets since they are not able to pick up the signal due to some fault in the software. Hence the calls get cut off in between and the users think that it is because the network. I know this because I have gone through it and in the end I found out that it was because of my handset.

5. Snapper

Snapper New Member

This is a strange problem as you said that you are receiving calls but they get cut after a minute. Next time you get a call try going outside or stand near a window so that you get a good signal. It is also possible that your phone may be having an issue. Like suggested above get your handset checked first.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?