1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Phone Randomly Turns off on Samsung Intensity

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by ZeeMaster, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ZeeMaster

ZeeMaster New Member

Hey guys,

Well, I got the samsung intensity about a month ago cause of the stupid data update they had... And, recently its gotten to where it turns randomly off. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this cause it gets real annoying. Like when you go to slide it close real fast it will sometimes turn off, and other times just plain turn off. I'm thinking the battery might not be completely secure, but IDK!

Also, I've dropped it once or twice but I don't think that would have made such a big diff.

Well, thanks for your time in advance!! :)

› See More: Phone Randomly Turns off on Samsung Intensity
  2. kakana

kakana New Member

Seems that it would be easy enough to pull the battery and reinstall it to make sure it's seated properly. My intensity seems to be a fairly sturdy phone, but I'm sure it won't take the abuse my old Motorola did. Impacts are never good for phones.
  3. ZeeMaster

ZeeMaster New Member

By pull the battery,and reinstall it do you mean get it out, and put it back in?

And, I know what you mean by impacts not being good.. I'm just hoping my phone isn't screwed up foreve cause I just frekin upgraded. ;(
  4. orsobruno

orsobruno New Member

[langtitle=ru]Re: Phone Randomly Turns off on Samsung Intensity[/langtitle]

[lang=ru]у меня раньше были проблемы с батареей, в том смсле что разряжалась быстро[/lang]
  5. kakana

kakana New Member

First off... I'm not cell phone expert. But I've been around them since Motorola introduced the 'brick'.

If you turn your phone off.. remove the back and take the battery out, inspect the contacts to make sure there's no boogers (if you see any.. clean them off), then replace it.. it should do no harm. And at the very least it should reestablish a good contact between the battery and the phone.

No guarantee that it will solve your problem.. but I don't believe it will hurt.
  6. boydy2oc@veriz

boydy2oc@veriz New Member

Mine does too. A girl I know also has the same issue. I dropped mine a couple times too, but that's no excuse. It was at least on carpet. Tried taking battery out and re-inserting - no good. I guess we just got stuck with a bad phone. Worse for me, I have a business, so calls just being dropped into voice mail. Wonder if I can sell this, get another one?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?