1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

phone + washing machine = ?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by b16a2, Jun 14, 2004.

1. chevydude

chevydude New Member

Actualy i would like the company to cover water damage on my pc. Wait. They do. I can take my HP to best buy and get i fixed for free. Even if its water damage. Dont say its not possible. Ive done it before. They dont care.

› See More: phone + washing machine = ?
  2. kevling51

kevling51 New Member

nice going haha ur lucky that ur phone even turned on.

3. captainderek

captainderek New Member

i know of a guy who i was with on a canoe trip that got knocked overboard with his cell...and he let it sit out overnight, and the next day, it worked!

4. Twin

Twin Lucky

That guy must have been wearing his lucky pants!!

5. CpU MasteR

CpU MasteR New Member

You always buy insurance for your phone, no matter the monthly charge. It's a must for any phone, my best bet is to dish out the money for a new phone. The LG VX6000 is only $100 now with a $50 mail-in rebate, at least at RadioShack they are $100. Give them a call... err.. on a reagular phone ;)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  6. Twin

Twin Lucky

It's amusing that people are still giving this guy advice on what to do with his phone. Probably has gone through a few other phones by now!!

7. CpU MasteR

CpU MasteR New Member

yeah, we need t read when these were posted. :hit:

8. wetphoneguy

wetphoneguy New Member

If your phone went swimming...

If you dropped your phone in the soup, DON'T turn it on; you can do permanent damage. Wrap it in a paper towel and get it to your local repair shop where they'll ultrasonically clean it. If you can't do that, send it to http://www.FASTcpr.com and they'll do it for you. Just don't wait; the phone is eating itself up from the inside out.

9. G-man

G-man New Member

Eh, it's a case by case situation... in most cases you don't want to get insurance... It's always been better for me not to get insurance... besides there's no guarantee you'll ever benefit from having it. ...and regardless it's very easy to tell if a cellphone has had water damage other than the noticeable +...

10. Twin

Twin Lucky

:laugh: Im laughing at this thread... it's still getting responses :laugh:

:screwy:

11. G-man

G-man New Member

How many threads are there like this that essentially ask the same question? I just posted a response in another thread earlier today! So, I forget.. didn't this fella' come out alright in the end? ...or have all the other resonses distracted me? :laugh2:

12. martingtrco

martingtrco New Member

damn you water.

HA! I recently got pushed into a pool by some friends of mine with my VX6000 in my pocket :laugh: good joke right? Now it works like crap so I am waiting for the Vx8000 to come out. which is tommrow i believe :D except i believe the phone is something like 300 with a 2 year. thats pretty crappy but its going to be awesome

13. Twin

Twin Lucky

Im waiting for my two years to come around so I can (maybe) afford a palm. I want a palm soooooooo bad

14. kcfsu49

kcfsu49 New Member

Complete noob to the forum...

I was searching online about this... because this is the exact dang thing that happened to me.

it was in the washing machine for maybe 15 minutes before I realized it.... I got it out asap. I immediately dis-assembled it, and let it dry off..

Its been a day or so, so I re-assemble it, and I slide it onto the LG 6000 charger.

The red light goes steady for a tid-bit.. but now it is a continious blinking.

Is the battery gone???? What do you guys think I should do, ebay for a new battery?? I really don't have the $$$ to go after a new phone, and I'm only 1 year into my service contract with Verizion... no insurance.. no nothin...

15. Ben down

Ben down New Member

dude, you're phones not broken, save your insurance scam for a real problem! - just take it apart and clean it.

16. Twin

Twin Lucky

Um.... insurance scam Ben?? Did you read the part where he says:
    You must work for a phone insurance company Ben... you sound bitter!!

If I were you kcfsu49, I'd replace the whole phone... get a cheap-o one that you can afford. The phone is damaged

17. G-man

G-man New Member

If it's blinking it should be okay with cleaning it with filtered water and you'll most likely have to replace the battery... Don't plug it in until you're certain it's fully dry though.

18. adamant

adamant New Member

when we drop them in water on the job. we take them apart and place them on the defroster vent and in a few hrs. 75% of the time they work..

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?