1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help ASAP!

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by ~Camera_Phone~, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ~Camera_Phone~

~Camera_Phone~ New Member

Hi, I need to figure out how to record an outgoing message...I have a Verizon Phone, but I don't recall what kind. I just got it today, so I can look on the box if that info is needed in order to get help. Please help me ASAP! Thank you! :)

~Camera_Phone~ :banghead:

› See More: Please Help ASAP!
  2. fdcom3

fdcom3 New Member

Setting Up Your Mailbox
    ACCESSING THE VOICE MAIL SYSTEM

1. With your wireless phone turned off, call your wireless number from any touchtone landline phone.

2. When you hear the recorded announcement, interrupt it by pressing #.

3. When you are asked to enter your temporary password, press 1 plus the last four digits of your wireless telephone number.

4. Follow the prompts to change your password and to record a greeting.

TIP: If you smile when you record your personalized greeting, it comes across in your tone of voice!

1 person likes this.
  3. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

@fdcom3,
    Dont know if this works, but I give you some dap on the tip

4. dude222

dude222 New Member

Also, edit your voicemail entry in your cell phone so you only have to dial your voice mailbox and it will do the rest for you, especially useful for when you're driving.

*86p#xxxx# (*86 is your mailbox access, p is a pause (press the menu key and you'll see the option insert pause, and the 4 x's are whatever your password is, you can actually use between 4 & 7 digits, 4 is just easier to remember because it's less numbers; the # signs are used to separate different options).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  5. dude222

dude222 New Member

Also remember that when you access your voice mailbox from your cel phone during peak hours, it uses airtime. Calling your cel from a landline does not.

Simply dial your cel number from any landline, if your cel is on you can let it ring and then go into voicemail; or you can hit the ignore or end key and it will go right into it. If it's off, it'll go right in anyways. When you hear your voice, press #, your password and # again, and you're good to go.

Another cool thing too, I know it definitely works for Verizon, not sure about other carriers; when you call someone who has Verizon, if you want to bypass their voicemail altogether, press * and you'll hear the beep and you're golden.

Good luck!

6. fdcom3

fdcom3 New Member

On verizon, if you call your own cell phone number from your cell phone instead of *86, it uses your "IN" minutes instead of cell minutes.

I got that tip from a site that instructs how to use voicemail.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?