1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help: How can I upgrade My Cell Phone

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by apretto, Mar 12, 2006.

1. apretto

apretto New Member

Currently I am on a contract with verizon I have a LG VX8000 and my contract does not expire until next christmas. Is it possible to upgrade to a new phone if I buy a phone on Ebay or online and stay with my current contract. Can someone explain what I must do to Upgrade my phone on Verizon Wireless.

› See More: Please Help: How can I upgrade My Cell Phone
  2. Brad729

Brad729 New Member

You can either buy the phone from Verizon, or buy it elsewhere like eBay. Check with Verizon to see if they will give you some kind of rebate on the old phone, some companies do that after a year. IF you buy a phone somewhere else like eBay, it must be a Verizon-branded phone because Verizon will not activate any unlocked CDMA phones.

Some manufacturers sell their phones directly from their site and you might be able to find models that Verizon doesn't list on their site that are still compatible with Verizon. If you buy from somewhere like eBay it's a good idea to request the ESN number from the seller and call Verizon with that # to make sure the phone is clear for activation. If someone sells you a phone linked to a delinquent account, Verizon will not activate it for you.

As long as you don't make any changes to your plan when you transfer service to the new phone, your contract will not renew. Believe me, they will try to talk you into changing your plan! Just remember your contract renews when you make plan changes. :p

I hope this helps, any more questions, just let me know.

3. OBXVZW21

OBXVZW21 enjoys shooting nutria

you can go into your local verizon store and see if you are eligible for early upgrade, you will sign another contract and get the 2yr contract price on the phone. only problem is that it resets your New Every Two redeem date.

4. roberts1953

roberts1953 New Member

Get a Verizon phone from ebay or where ever, then do a free ESN swap online from Verizon and they wont renew your contract.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?