1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: LG VX6000 VS Audiovox CDM8900

Discussion in 'LG' started by busta, May 15, 2004.

?

Which phone in your opinion is better? LG VX6000 or Audiovox CDM8900? Post why..

1. LGe VX6000

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Audiovox CDM8900

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. busta

busta New Member

Which is better in your guys' opinion?

› See More: Poll: LG VX6000 VS Audiovox CDM8900
  2. tigerthadj

tigerthadj New Member

i dont know about all the problems that everyone is talking about but the lgvx6000 is great besides the fact that it is super easy to use and hasall the functions

3. chumley

chumley New Member

I need Analog mode for travel, so the 8900 is better...

4. busta

busta New Member

I noticed that the 8900 only had a 65k color display while the Vx6000 has a 262k display..wouldnt that produce much better display quality?

5. ielement5oi

ielement5oi New Member

lg is a great phone. not so many problems and the other is great too. there are some features one will carry and the other wont. but im more with the Lg.

6. CompMan86

CompMan86 New Member

I sell cell phones at Circuit City and everyone loves the VX6000 and we have had some complaints about the Audiovox CDM8900. Also, if you read reviews on Cnet or other consumer review sites, you will read a lot of people saying that the audiovox has "fair" voice quality. I own the VX6000 now (for almost a week now) and I love it. My only complaint I have about the VX6000 is that the microphone sensitivity when using a headset seems weak. Three different people who I talked to all the time with the headset on my old Audiovox 9155-GPX said that on the new VX6000 I sounded more "distant." They were all using the same land line phones they've always used to talk to me. Maybe a voltage difference in the port for the headset? Anyone else have this issue? The voice quality that I hear is excellent and very loud (louder than on the Audiovox) but outgoing sound is more distant. Anyone know what might cause this or how to fix it, or is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

7. Nightowl

Nightowl New Member

I had the 8900 to start with about 10days ago. My wife had the 6000. After 2 days I took the 8900 back for the 6000. The sound quality seemed the same to me but the 6000 had a much louder ringer. The 6000 had better camera and resolution and easy to use. The only thing I liked about the 8900 was the keys stayed lite up longer than the 6000.

8. Brianster

Brianster New Member

well that explains why i like the VX6000, plus the fact that the pictures from the VX is actually pretty nice.....i care more about the features of the phone more than the reception or things like that...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  9. Cronos

Cronos New Member

Just so you know, you can change the length of time the keys stay lit up. I believe it's under the backlight options.

You can have it to light up whenever the phone is flipped open, or 15, 30, always lit up.

10. Zeroc4

Zeroc4 New Member

if you live in the stix 8900 is your camera phone choice but the 6000 is loads better the menu layout, screen res, and just the look way better phone i love it and it's not as bluky as the samsung 610

11. davidh

davidh New Member

i really dont like the 8900. it seemed ok when i bought it (because my previous phone was the moto t721 AT&T, the worst phone/service provider ever), but after about a month, the minor annoyances such as the flashing verizon wireless banner really started to get to me. i've used my friends vx6000 and i thought it was excellent. i only wish i had known that bfore i bought my 8900.

12. DuleerEnwia

DuleerEnwia New Member

lg 6000

The only thing that bothers me about the 6000 is its reception, it is not that good for me.

13. davidh

davidh New Member

even though i own an audiovox 8900 i think the lg is a much better phone. thats why when the lg vx8000 comes out im probobly going to upgrade to that.

14. Djkai

Djkai New Member

LG VX6000 Is 1 out of 10 phones I've bought and Its my best cause its a nice loud phone with really good extra'z

15. mark master

mark master New Member

can any one help me with this problem my computer does not read my phone when i hit the auto decet on the hard ware i got at the cell place where i bought the phone help it will not let me down load pictures maybe im stupid but what am i doing wrong it says it has found the new hard ware but has not dected the phone always says renirty

16. CpU MasteR

CpU MasteR New Member

LG all the way, audiovox sucks.

17. mischd33

mischd33 New Member

LG BABY! my sister has the CDM and it sucks, she has had nothing but problems with the.. the LG seems tougher on the outside, i know Ive dropped it a few times... :eek:

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?