1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Prepaid for 16-year old?

Discussion in 'Prepaid' started by Jackson, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Jackson

Jackson New Member

My brother is only 16 but wants to buy the latest iPhone and have a prepaid Verizon plan with it. He cannot have a contract since he is not yet 18 but is it possible to get a prepaid plan. He is very impressed with Verizon since everyone he knows has it and is wishing for a plan with Verizon.

› See More: Prepaid for 16-year old?
  2. Dialtone

Dialtone Member

I think a person needs to be an adult if he is going to have his own plan. If not you may need to put him under an adult's plan so that the payments are taken care of. After all, how can a kid who is not earning pay his own bills. I think that is what any company would be worried of too.

3. Dino

Dino New Member

Prepaid plans are a good idea for teenagers. They need to learn responsibility with phones and it's better than letting them go hog wild on the unlimited plan of a parent.

4. Sandii

Sandii Member

I think whatever route you take with a phone for a teenager, their use needs to be monitored. I've known some kids who have sent thousands upon thousands of texts in a month and I don't think that's okay.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?