1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem using BitPim with enV Touch

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by WldHogn, Jun 16, 2009.

1. BigCheez

BigCheez New Member

I just followed these steps and it worked beautifully! Thanks for everything! I was getting very frustrated attempting to get my new enV touch to work with bitpim! I will pass on the info. to my brother who also just purchased the fantastic enV touch as well.

› See More: Problem using BitPim with enV Touch
  2. weirdosmurf

weirdosmurf New Member

Thank you so much for the info! I made the mistake of trying to send the contact info and had the same thing happen... I was ready to return my phone to Verizon but decided to google the problem first and was led here. Reset the phone to factory defaults and it works perfectly again! Thank you x 1,000,000,000 :)

3. Starship Troop

Starship Troop New Member

I have a similar problem. I used the bitpim setting for the LG VX9700 to transfer a ringtone to my phone. It worked but now my phone reports that model number(VX9700) to services like google mobile. I am afraid that when I do a software update check through my phone (tools/phone info/software update) that it is going to be looking for an update to the VX9700. Is there anyway to reset this back to VX11000? Will pickyguy's solution of restoring the phone do this? The people at the local verizon store reflashed the phone but that did not fix it.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  4. rjsec4ever

rjsec4ever New Member

There's an easier way.

Place your 30 second MP3's into your "my_sounds" folder on your microSD card.
    Then, go to Media Center -> Music and Tones -> My Sounds.
    Choose the MP3, Set As -> Ringtone (or Contact ID).

Piece of cake, and no BitPim required. I still want BitPim be used with the enV touch though...

1 person likes this.
  5. Starship Troop

Starship Troop New Member

An update to my post below. I tried the Phone Restore option and it did not fix my phone reporting the model number as VX9700 instead of VX11000. Why in the h... bitpim has to write the model number into the phone when you transfer a ringtone is beyond me.

6. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    2 people like this.
  7. WldHogn

WldHogn New Member

Although I signed up for BitPim's email upgrade notification .. I didn't get anything from them on this new test version.... so thanks for the heads up. :)

8. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

How did you sign up? I tried signing up for their newsletter but I couldn't get it to work. Where did you go and what steps did you follow in order to sign up for Bitpim's newsletter?

9. WldHogn

WldHogn New Member

This is where I signed up:
    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitpim-announce

I didn't get notified, but I am on their mailing list .. go figure. :(

Good Luck :)

10. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

FYI, they updated the test version last week - not sure what was changed though

11. UCPRO

UCPRO New Member

hey all, my wife just got an env, and I follwed all the steps that you all did, but the problem is that bitpim keeps detecting it as the env, and not other cdma device. The filesystem tab doesn't even show up on the side. It starts out as an env touch under my settings, then i changed it to voyager, and still can't see the file system tab

12. bsshoomez

bsshoomez New Member

What does BitPim do?

13. UCPRO

UCPRO New Member

it finds the phone when i start it, and says i'm using the env touch, and that's it. it has all the icons on the side tree but no filesystem icon. i can't see any contents of the phone when click on any of those contents like contacts, or music etc. it just says 0 out of 0 contacts

14. markargin

markargin New Member

go to my youtube video tutorial on hwo to put games on the envtouch.
    my post count is too low so remove the spaces in teh link:

ht tp://ww w.you tube.com/watch?v=pWa8WMxlFuc

15. UCPRO

UCPRO New Member

lol, oh man!!! i'm surely a noob, i never went to view<file system man oh man. so what else can i do with this thing. i just changed the theme on it. it looks alot better now!

16. markargin

markargin New Member

im glad i could help ;)

17. Xemuxend

Xemuxend New Member

Yeah,i couldn't save contacts either after attempting to transfer contacts...i guess i'll have to restore as well...maybe i'll put it off for a few more hours

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  18. jose9640

jose9640 New Member

i did all of this and it didnt work..
    please help

19. Freshtodeath

Freshtodeath New Member

i also have a LG enV TOUCH and i followed every single step that you mentioned, the pictures got successfully imported but for some reason the ringtone didnt get transfered even though i checked the box for wallpaper and ringtone, and my phone only received the pics......
    ps: does your phone get turned off every time u 'Send Data To Phone"?

20. edelvx1100

edelvx1100 New Member

I used the setting you suggested and I was able to retrieve my text messages but not my phone contacts. It is giving me an error message. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?