1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Problems with Droid X

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by Guerte, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Guerte

Guerte New Member

For some reason, my Droid X has become slow as of late. My Browser and Facebook boot up EXTREMELY slow. Opening up texts takes forever, and many other things are slow to boot, even moving from one screen to the next.

I also have a problem with my screen freezing on me. It gets to the point where the screen won't lock and I can't even open or close anything, so I'm either forced to wait it out, or pull the battery.

And lastly, when said problem of freezing occurs, sometimes it will automatically restart. Even when it's working fine, it'll randomly restart.

Any help here? Or should I call Verizon?

› See More: Problems with Droid X
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Have you installed anything recently? Have you tried uninstalling any programs? I would reset the phone to default and reinstall any programs you need from scratch.
  3. Guerte

Guerte New Member

I've installed a few things, but I've also uninstalled other programs. I've got Advanced Task Killer and Lookout Mobile Security to help, but they don't really seem to do anything. So maybe resetting is my only option?
    1 person likes this.
  4. nvguy

nvguy New Member

Please explain - "I've installed a few things, but I've also uninstalled other programs."?
    Did you uninstall the last apps before you started having problems?

Truly the only way to fix the problem (and I know it's a pain in the a**) is to reset the phone and slowly install the apps one by one and test your phone to find out which app is the problem.

You can also search the Moto forums https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droidx?view=discussions but that's pretty much what they recommend
    1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?