1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Problems with the SD card making my phone freeze

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by pongwiffy, Sep 27, 2011.

1. pongwiffy

pongwiffy New Member

I have a 2 year old LG Dare with Telus and I recently (about 2 months ago) switched out the 2gb card and put in a 16gb card (i found one laying around, figured what the heck?)
    As of two weeks ago I have noticed my phone to be slow as hell. When I hit the "Favourites" star it takes about 20 seconds to load (so long right??) and as well, the unlock takes about as long too. I removed the card out of the sd slot, thinking that I had perhaps put too much music on there (I noticed the music player was very slow to load and change songs)

So I took the card out, but the phone still says that the card is in it, the little icon on the front screen is still there. Not only is it still there, but it keeps appearing and disappearing, causing my phone to freeze whenever the icon appears. When the icon disappears, for about 15 seconds at a time, the phone works quite fast. However, it seems to be causing my battery to drain very quickly; I charged it to full on Sunday, and by Tuesday morning (with no phone calls made, just receiving texts and sending the odd one), the phone had died.

I have tried resetting it to factory settings, still have the problem. I have tried to "format" the card even though it's not in there...the phone will either say "format failed" or "no card inserted" when it realizes the card isn't in there.

Anyone have this problem and were able to fix it? Or should I abandon this fossil and jump on the smartphone wagon?

› See More: Problems with the SD card making my phone freeze
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

The max sd card size for the LG Dare is 8gb SDHC. There's your problem.

If you get an 8gb card, make sure to format it after you put it in the phone.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?