1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Qs about MP3 playability with VX8100

Discussion in 'LG' started by mattwood440, Jun 21, 2006.

1. mattwood440

mattwood440 New Member

K, I just got this thing going recently with a 1g card and the MP3 functionality of this phone is not working as smoothly as I'd hoped. Then again I'm pretty much average as far as my electronic knowledge.

First Q. What format are you using for your songs. I even head a person say that they were using 96k wma because it sounded a lot like 128k mp3. Now I did a little test with a couple different headphones on the PC and I like the higher mp3 rate and I know the 128 wma and 128 mp3 sound the same but the mp3 is slightly smaller. Anyone else?

Second Q. What program are you using to sync music to this phone? I used WMP 10 and it automatically converted my mp3 to wmas for transfer. Am I right? I don't like that at all. Plus I've listened to a few songs via an AUX input jack on my car stereo and most are flawless except a few have an entire range chopped off, which I'm thinking was lost when the song was converted to wma for transfer! Or is this because I'm using a dang phone through my car stereo. Ugh.

Third Q. Is there an easy way to manage music on this thing. I mean, I have a lot of single songs from a bunch of artists and the mp3 player just shuts off when the 1 song is done. How annoying. Is there any option screens or something I should know about AFA playing mp3s that I'm missing?

Thanks

› See More: Qs about MP3 playability with VX8100
  2. mattwood440

mattwood440 New Member

Well I assume that there is no way to load MP3s directly to the phone via the data cable. I tried numerous times. I don't have a card reader and I'm losing the desire to spend more money at this point. The sound through the car stereo is not that great and it has nothing to do with the format or file but rather the connection. I think it sounds fine with the headphones, though. So unless someone can tell me how to load mp3s on the phone without a card reader I guess I'm going to just use wma's.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?